Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it about pencils? If they can find them, they will eat them. All that is left is the little metal part around the eraser and a few slivers of wood. I should have known they were too quiet!

Generally they stick to their toys with an occasional shoe or slipper thrown in if they can find one. BUT if there's a pencil anywhere in their reach - even countertops are not safe - it will get devoured.

At least I know they have plenty of fiber in their diets. :?

Deb

G

·
Boys haven't you been told pencils are not toys? They are not for breakfast!!!

Hahahaha Deb too funny! Look at it this way. At least they left the metal part.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Same with Dexter....pencils. Pencils! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I suppose they are pretty cheap treats. I bet pencils are even cheaper than rawhide chews! LOL!

It's not even noon and...

Strike #1 - pencil eating

Strike #2 - Lucky escaped and ran across the street (This is the dog who is recovering from being hit by a car!)

There's going to be some serious crate time if I get a strike #3!

Deb

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pens are certainly not 100% safe either and they are alot messier!! Charlie likes those ones with the rubber non-slip casing.

Generally speaking, however, dessert usually is in the form of footwear. 8)

Deb

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's pencils AND crayons for our Charlie. He loves when the kids color, he swipes the crayons off the coffee table as they put them down.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I just realized we don't own a single pencil (or crayons)...I'm sure Dexter would love them both (I think he got a pen once)...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mmmmm.... crayons. Now those have to be a delicacy! Luckily we don't have small children in our house and the crayons never come out. Maybe we should give the boys crayons for Christmas. They are non-toxic. :wink:

Deb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts