Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sampson is even MORE afraid of Dad now...
Dad could be sitting on the floor, not even looking in Sam's direction and Sampson will walk in, and then promptly hightail out of the room.

We understand it take time before Sammy can trust Dad, but we are frustrated that the issue has become worse!!!

Why would Sam be more afraid now than he was before???

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I don't know why he is more afraid but can you give us a bit more information. What sort of interaction will Sammy allow with your dad? Will he let your dad walk him or are you saying your dad can't even get near him?

Is Sammy scheduled for his obedience training yet and will you dad be involved in the training?

How about feeding...maybe if your dad is the one to feed Sammy it would help.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
you may want to consult a dog trainer with many years experience that can help out

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Quentin Tarantino! Paging Quentin Tarantino! This is where you find out dear old dad was an ax murderer and the dog was right :shock: ALL KIDDING ASIDE I would not comment any further without seeing it happen. I agree a Pro trainer may be the simplest solution...mtd

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have recently been researching the different options for training classes near us... They all start pretty soon so we are going to make the final decision sometime in the next week! :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I haven't seen any other posts about Sammy being afraid of your dad, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding the issue, but in reading this thread I'm reminded of Cesar Millan. I've seen a few shows where, when a dog is afraid of something, the ower tries to soothe the dog, and ends up intensifying the fear. Have you seen any of those episodes? When the dog is showing fear, Cesar will do his 'sh' noise, tap the dog or otherwise distract it, and continue on. He will reward with attention when the dog is not showing fear. Have you tried this?

I also like the suggestion of having your dad feed Sammy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts