Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I must admit this is a very good forum and everyone is so kind and helpful.

I noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding the other day, after closer examination he had lost a tooth. In the past 2 days he has lost 2 teeth. His mouth had a little blood on it today, dont know if it was because he lost another tooth (probably).

He is 5-6 months old, is he just losing his "baby" teeth ? What should I expect in the months to come and should I be doing anything special?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi glad you like the forum...I do too, nice folks!

Sounds like baby teeth to me! Not to worry...watch for the new teeth to come in and make sure that they are not coming in without the baby teeth pushing out. If you see any that are getting too sore looking, give your pup some chewies to break the skin.

You will probably find little teeth all over the place. I even saw my dogs playing with their teeth! They would pick them up and toss them in the air...too funny!

You can give him frozen wash cloths or ice to chew on too... but mostly just be sure that he has chewies...now that his permanent teeth are coming in, he will need to chew on things to set them. Get some good bleached bones or Kongs or other chew things and everything should be fine!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
There's no need to worry, he is just losing his baby teeth. A lot of times they fall out and we don't even notice it :) My dogs love chewing on ice cubes, I think it is soothing when they are teething.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts