Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with much sadness that I am looking for a good home for my 7 mos. old black Labradoodle--because of a recent move it is necessary that she be in a crate for 18+ hours a day, and I feel that she deserves a better life. She has the sweetest disposition-learns quickly, house trained, spayed, has a micro chip, and up to date on all shots. Along with her would go a large crate, and smaller one for a car, seatbelt, food dishes, toys, pooper scooper and retractable leach with bag attachments. I'm asking for $1,500 for everything. Only a perfect fit will be considered.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am sorry that you are facing this situation but you are right, 18 hours in a crate is impossible. If you can, please hire someone to come and watch your dog until it is placed, or you could take it to doggie day care. The dog should not be crated that long.
You could contact the IDOG rescue, they are great to immediately place dogs in foster care and then to find wonderful homes for them: http://www.idog.biz/IDOGRRR.html They will get in touch with you immediately.
Have you contacted your breeder? A good breeder will take their pups home and rehome them when it becomes necessary. In fact, many breeders put it in their contract that if you need to rehome their pup, you must contact them first.
I know that this decision is difficult for you, and I am genuinely sorry...but please, for the sake of that dog, find a better situation ASAP.
Best wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should reinterate; she is in the crate 10 hours when I work, and then approx. 8 hours to sleep--not 18 hours at once. I'd have quite a mess on my hands-and she would be very unhappy! She does very well in the crate-and is a very happy puppy--it's my wishes for something better for her, that leads me to this search.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
You are doing the right thing...I am so sorry that you have had to make this decision but I admire you for putting the pup's needs as a priority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts