Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am interested in finding out if there are any breeders of Labradoodles or Goldendoodles in Ontario, Canada.
I am doing this search for my sister-in-law who has a 6 year old with health issues. As I understand it both these breeds are hypo-alergenic and should not shed. If I am wrong on that please let me know. I am very interested in possibly contacting a breeder if any exist here. Thanks in advance for any info.

Mark

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Mark, welcome!

I know of a few breeders in Canada...I am not sure if they are in Ontario...

One of the breeders on this forum just had a beautiful litter of Goldendoodles (Black ones!)...but she is in Nova Scotia...she does ship. Send a private email to me (PM button below) ifyou want her contact information. She just sent pictures to me and they are beauties!

About their coats...you can't always rely on the dogs being non shedding or hypoallergenic. Allergies are often caused by saliva of dogs and if the allergies of the family are due to saliva, a Labradoodle or Goldendoodle wont' make a difference.

Sometimes people do find that they are still allergic but many, many people are not. My husband is normally very allergic to dogs but has no allergic reaction to our dogs...

Also, some of the dogs do shed. Usually the F1s shed, but sometimes the other generations do too. So, you really don't have any guarantees...and if the breeder DOES promise these things...look somewhere else! They can say that there is a good chance that the dog won't shed, but no promises!

Anyway...if you want to find breeders in a certain area, check out the ILA site at www.ilainc.com and look for Canada. Good luck!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Mark
I got my labradoodle from a breeder in Grand Bend. He breeds F1Bs, which have a better chance than the F1s of being non-shedding but, as mentioned before, no guarantees. He has a waiting list right now but I can give you his contact info in a private message if you want. I also know several people who have bought goldendoodle puppies from a breeder in Mount Forest.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Mark,

I live in Nova Scotia and currently have some F1B Goldendoodle puppies. I have a few that have the wonderful curly coat coat (best for allergies and shedding). If you would like some more information please email me at [email protected] My web page can be viewed at
scgoldendoodle.tripod.com

I have some recent pictures if you are interested in seeing them
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
25 Posts
breeder in Canada

I, too, have been looking for a breeder in Canada - Western if possible. I came across - Morning Smiles in B.C. Has anyone received any puppies from this breeder. Thank you for any info. you might be able to provide.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I must jump in here and make a GLOWING recommendation for Morning Smiles in Canada!
Tai is a very respected breeder and she has a great program. I know for a fact that Tai fully tests her breeding stock and that she values temperament too.
Tai has been a mentor of mine from the beginning. She has helped me and supported me...and taught me so much.
She is an honest and kind person and she loves what she does...I highly recommend her!
You can't go wrong with Morning Smiles Labradoodles. :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
as jac mentioned even f1b's aren't all shed free.
I was able to tell by about 6 weeks and so far each one has
stayed true to how we suspected it would (ie a low shed or no shed pup!)

go to a trusted breeder and make sure you can return the pup
for rehoming if that becomes neccessary. get it in writing. I havent ran across a reputable breeder that doesnt offer at least a two year guarantee and a lifetime rehoming clause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts