Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I know this is a Labradoodle forum, but I thought I'd ask anyway...I'm looking for a female Golden Retriever to use for breeding and would prefer an adult, but would also consider an older puppy. If you have one or know of anyone who does, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Julie, I bought Rosie from Debbie at Seven Acre Farms. They breed/sell F1 Goldendoodles...looks like they have a 10 month old pup...don't know if it is spayed or even female but they also have puppies, and they bought their breeding Golden Retriever from the Duckmen Kennels (Rosie's mother) http://www.duckmenkennels.com/ who breed champion hunting dogs.
Debbie's web page is here: http://www.sevenacresfarm.com/
We love Rosie to pieces...she is one fine dog! And...her pups are fantastic! The retriever breeding is really good for service dogs too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jac! I've been thinking about service dogs too, especially since I live so close to Guide Dogs of Amer.

Talk to you soon! (BTW, you aren't getting a new F1 from someone ARE you.... :lol: )

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Julie I haven't checked, but I have a couple of other options....maybe you'll hear about them on the other forum, but Nikki (BlazingStar Doodles) has nice dogs, and she did just sell a sweethart of a dog to another breeder.

She has a yellow F1 proven female Labradoodle available right now who COULD be bred to a moyen, I believe.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Im with you,, I need Golden Retrivers, a male and 2 females if anyone knows of any let me know pleasel
i would prefer adults already tested would be asking to much but save me the headache,lol

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
You have NO IDEA ,,its soo very hard, the unfortunate thing in Goldens is alot of cancer runs in the breed since they have been line bred and in bred so long, unfortunatly there is no genetic test for that,
HD is also prevalant, i have not gotten anything better then a good on any of goldens, barely in some cases, not that certification means much, 2 Certified excellent parents can still produce a dysplastic puppy,
its a pain,, i just so hate raising a pup for 2yrs ,test them they dont pass of barely pass, good thing goldens dont carry VWD so there is one less worry,
thankfully i havent had problems with the dogs im breeding now, or their offspring, but its getting very close to retiring some of them ,,so now im worried looking for just the rite dogs,,aint easy

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey Nancy, do you need to find your dog in the east? Or would you pay shipping for a Golden? A poodle-breeder friend said someone has Goldens down the road from her.........maybe not tested but if I get a number I'll let you and Julie know about it.

Have you asked Nikki? Also, Rachael....what's her site? DoodleLane? She has had some nice Goldens from Tested stock available in times past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts