Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was due to pick up a 13 month old Labradoodle named Izzy from a woman who purchased her for Christmas last year and then decided the family could not keep her. Needless to say this person has now changed her mind for the 3rd time and I can not wait nor deal with the high hopes and then disappointment later. I can happily say that although she is not coming home with me--she does have a very good home and is well cared for with this woman and that is what is most important.

I have been planning for this adoption for a long time so I am more than ready to welcome a dog into my home--I am just unsure where to start now. We are fixed on a Labradoodle as my fiancé does have allergies and he has been around Izzy quite a bit with no problems. We would like a medium as we have an active lifestyle and want the dog to be able go with us but my fiancé does not have much dog experience so I am afraid of his reaction to a larger dog.

Other than those requirements we are completely flexible on age and color and sex. If anyone has any suggestions or dogs in mind I would welcome a reply. We are in New England if that is helpful.

Thank you!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome Allegra!
You have made a great choice...I am so sorry about your disappointment...that can be harsh. But I really like your attitude. Some dog or puppy will find a good and loving home with you.
Where are you from? Are you willing to transport?
I live in northern CA...and we are expecting puppies, Labradoodles and Goldendoodles...and we are starting a new program, at 8 weeks they will go to a carefully selected puppy raiser for basic training and then be adopted out, unless the family wants to do all of that training first! We will also be working, a lot, on training and socialization in our home until they reach 8 weeks. But...I won't ship my pups in cargo, so other arrangements could be made.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Thats just alful

So sorry you went thru this..I had that happen to another person i talked to last week,
I hope you find your perfect pup soon , you sound just wonderful!!
good luck in your search

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
oh Allegra! How frustrating!
Your attitude seems great...and there are plenty of breeders in your area, including M&T in RI.
www.goldendoodle-labradoodle.org is a listing of breeders who test and supply proof of testing to an organization and it's not a listing by state but I bet you can find some fine breeders all around you for either kind of Labradoodle.

With allergies I would highly recommend you inquire and find an experienced breeder so that you aren't disappointed with a puppy that bothers your fiance after falling in love and bonding, etc. But I do recommend finding a breeder you click with and THEN finding a puppy!

BEST WISHES!

G

·
Allegra, so sorry you went through that.
Look at this cutie in Massachusetts. And they should know if he sheds or not since he came from a known family:
Very pretty (not sure what a Coton de Tulear is though :) ):

Bodie is a two year old neutered male Coton/Poodle mix. He weighs 30 lbs and is non-shedding. He was relinquished due to divorce and illness. He is a sweet dog, quiet, but friendly. He was not raised with children, but enjoyed the company of two little girls who would visit him regularly. He looks sad in this picture as he does not like to get his picture taken. He is completely housetrained and also trained on invisible fence and uses a doggy door with ease. He was not exposed to cats that we know of, but has a low prey drive and is submissive with other dogs. Apply at www.saveadog.org

This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet is already house trained.
This pet has been altered.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8975153

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I thought it was pretty cute too.
Would have guessed many different breeds though,
before I would have said "Coton de Tulear "
Baahahahhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!111

1 - 10 of 10 Posts