Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..has anyone heard anything about these breeders..in TN..Club Doodle or Walkadoodle..or Dogwood Doodles in NH..

thanks

valerie

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Sorry, Valerie, can't help you. I haven't heard of them :(

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
No, sorry, I have never heard of these breeders.
I suggest that you search the archives of this forum (there is a ton of info regarding how to select a good breeder) and ask lots of questions...be sure that they test the parent dogs, see if you can meet the parent dogs, look for a very good health warranty (usually at a minimum a 2 year warranty that does NOT require that you euthinize the dog!)
Ask for references and check them out...ask to speak with their vet.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Jac...wonderful advice....Valerie...what ever you do..I would urge you to spend as much time as it takes to research the breeder and what they offer. You may save yourself alot of grief :( :cry: :cry: by getting a doodle from a reputable breeder. There are lots of fancy websites out there but that tells you nothing about their breeding and selling practices.

I learned the hard way :cry: before I discovered the wonderful wealth of information available on this forum.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
These are preliminary questions that I sent out to an advertisement for Labradoodles, and here below is the response

Do you have a website?
What is the name of your kennel?
What kind of testing is done on your adults.(smile)

Hi Sue, I don't have a website or a Kennel name. I haven't done any testing on the parents either. I just know that I have a farm and both of the parents are very, very active and have had absolutely no health problems at all. They go in regularily for their shots and check ups. I raised them from when they were little puppies, both of them have outstanding temperments and I will stand behind them for any genetic or temperment problems. I will either take the puppy back, giving a full refund or cover vet bills to the cost of the puppy.
Thanks you for enquiring.
Jerray

What do you guys think????

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
nope not enough (sorry)
I agree 100 per cent which is why I do not have a puppy from this place, but is this a puppy mill in disguise? or just someone with maybe a love for dogs but not enough to have them tested etc.???

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
sounds like a backyard breeder
but puppy mills are good at disguising themselves so I guess unless you went you really wouldnt know if it was a mill (they arent gonna tell ya ;))

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think I found one

I think I might have found one..my biggest dilemma..besides making sure the give health guarantees and all of that was putting a deposit on a dog thats not even born and I have no idea what it will look like..most of the breeders are either breeding the two for the first time..I know I want a F1..labradoodle..not a goldendoodle or an F2 or a Multigen..this narrows down the list a lot.and I dont want a very curly furry dog..I found Tara's Darling Doodles which they have a great website with lots of info..and a lot of picturesof puppies from the dog that will be bred this spring..so hopefully my search is over..

Thanks for all the help and advice.

val

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Vall22, have you given a deposit yet on a puppy from Tara's Darling Doodles? I didn't see anywhere on their site that says what happens to your deposit if pups aren't born. Will they refund your deposit? Will it be put towards a puppy in an upcoming litter? I would look for someone that offers more than a 1 year guarantee and also one that doesn't make you return the puppy, heaven forbid, if it has hip dysplacia or some other debilitating disease. Just be careful :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice

Her website mentions that you do get your deposit back if she cant provide you with the sex or color you desire..as for the health guarantee I know 2 years is best..but I havent found to many breeders who will refund your money..most contract state they will take the dog back..of course thats not going to be an option....anyway I also found another breeder,..Baylake in florida..that sounds really good..

thanks

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Mornin' Vall22, all the respectable breeders I know will not ask that you give the puppy back. This is a major flag when I see a contract that states you have to give the puppy back because they know there are not many people out there that are willing to return their puppy, sick or not, especially when they don't know what will happen to that puppy since it won't be able to be resold :( That puppy has already tugged at their heartstrings.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
keep looking

every reputable breeder I have come across gives a two year some longer by a little bit and give money back and DONT ask for dog.

Click on my website below and read my guarantee. its fairly standard among reputable breeders and will give you a good feel for what to look for.

some things like hip dysplasia may not present until later and cant be detected by some methods until two, so a one year wont do you much good if you plan to test at two.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, it's me again.....I want to DITTO what Diane said.... and I'm with you! I don't take deposits until I have puppies born. Nowadays a lot of reputable breeders do take deposits, but I'm just not comfortable with it, and try to do business the way I would want it done with me. :D (pssst...puppies are due in April! ) :D

Also....has anyone told you yet that you really can't be sure of the coat on a puppy, concerning shedding, and grooming, until at least 5-6 wks old? We take deposits and then the order that those are placed determines the order in which our families choose their puppies. If someone hustled to get that deposit in by the first week, I think they deserve to be first to pick their puppy!

Anyway, I don't think I would be comfortable taking someone's emailed word for it, about what they would do for me, UNLESS they could produce the results of their testing.

There have been WAY TOO MANY doodle-lovers - on t his forum (! ) Who have had to go thru the heartbreak of hip surgery, or loving their puppy thru cancer, or joint issues, that they unknowingly bought from a breeder who didn't or doesn't test their dogs.

THERE IS A PRICE DIFFERENCE! But think of it as "insurance" against serious health costs, or plain ol' broken hearts, when a dog you've loved gets sick or has a genetic malady.

other than that.....best wishes, and we'll love your Doodle right alongside you, no matter where you got him/her...but we're sincerely trying to help you in advance. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts