Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Dear MUTT pedler,
your add says your dogs have champion blood lines, but how can this be so when your dogs are not recongnized by the AKC? How do you people justify selling these animals as pure bred dogs, when the are simply not. When I was a kid my german shepard knocked up my neighbors, black lab. we sold the puppies for $50. Maybe we were on the wrong track, maybe we should have made up a cutsy funny name like German Sheplabs, and sold them for $750. Your dogs are ########... i just wanted you to know that."

that was sent by a (deleted by admin)

Its like i've done nothing wrong, so why email me telling my dogs are ########. And my dogs do have champion bloodlines, just cause they are not purebred doesnt mean they cant have champion bloodlines. And i dont understand how he thinks we are selling them as purebreds.

Jennifer

·
Registered
401 Posts
well.... i just have a few things to say....

your doodles are very cute jennifer and atleast we are doing this on purpose and we can control our well mannered pets.

i hate people like this...why cant they just keep it to themselves
If it's not nice
If it's not necessary
Then DONT say it.

:p

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
That just goes to show how much he knows. He is just showing his ignorance and I am very tempted to write him and let him have it but I hate to stoop to his level :roll:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Movistar, I have corrected my error I'm glad you caught it. It is a good thing I dont make my living as a proof reader!:oops:

He is just showing his ignorance! :x He is wrong about them not being recgonized they are by the CKC but as a mixed breed. The breeder we purchased our doodles from registeres all her litters with the CKC.

·
Registered
689 Posts
He is just what the delete key is made for.
I guess he has nothing else to do but spout nastiness.

Its tempting to email him but my dad always uses the cliche "don't have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent".

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
lisarundell said:
He is just showing his ignorance! :x He is wrong about them not being recgonized by the AKC, they are but as a mixed breed. The breeder we purchased our doodles from registeres all her litters with the AKC.
I am not familliar with this.... are you sure? you must be. but I have never ever heard of this. Can anyone shed light on this for me? If you search the AKC website for Labradoodle a big speech on only buying purebred dogs comes up and then they refer you on to a mixed breed organization.

I do know the CKC (Continental Kennel Club) does recognize Labradoodl;es and will register them as a mixed breed.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I think that the championship bloodlines are indeed registered with the AKC, but ONLY as the Poodle or Lab...not as a Labradoodle or even a mixed breed.
The AKC does not recognize mixed breeds...I think that they acknowledge that they exist, but that is far different from "recognizing" them.
This idiot really has no clue about what makes a championship line...and often they try to bait us into telling them what lines our Poodles or Labs come from so that they can get the breeders in trouble when they ARE members of the fancy.
I can't resist responding when I get this type of mail, and I do...sometimes. But generally I simply state that it is interesting that I would place any value on their unfounded, uneducated, and certainly unintelligent opinion. Then I tell them that if they cared enough to actually study and have an educated conversation, I might be more inclined to see beyond their stupid remarks and enter into a discussion.
Until they get enough common sense and become armed with more than pure racial hatred, their "opinion" will only be valued by like-minded fools.
UGH! You could also send him a few links, refer him to a few books, or even ask him...point blank...did God create his favorite dog...or is does the guy just assume so because he worships the AKC? (There are very few, if any, original dog breeds in the world...every one has been mixed and "created" to fit into specific categories.
Here is an example of a good link to understand why it is important to cross breed dogs:
http://vein.library.usyd.edu.au/links/Mcgreevy.pdf
All dog breeds have some form of human interference in "developing" the breed...
And, as far as the almighty AKC is concerned...they allow altered registrations of dogs... it is pitiful...if a person has the money for a fee and can contrive a pedigree...they can get AKC registration...I personally have no respect at all for the organization.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Jac, you always have such a way with words :) Very well said, as usual.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Okay, Jennifer...I couldn't help myself...I sent an email to him. After I corrected his spelling of peddler, I said:

Because you seem to think that it is acceptable, even warranted, to offer your opinion to people who really don't care about it...I suppose that you won't mind that I am going to give you mine...regarding:

"Dear MUTT pedler,
your add says your dogs have champion blood lines, but how can this be so when your dogs are not recongnized by the AKC? How do you people justify selling these animals as pure bred dogs, when the are simply not. When I was a kid my german shepard knocked up my neighbors, black lab. we sold the puppies for $50. Maybe we were on the wrong track, maybe we should have made up a cutsy funny name like German Sheplabs, and sold them for $750. Your dogs are bullshit... i just wanted you to know that."

Well, first of all, champion bloodlines come from the parents, not from the puppy. Common sense SHOULD tell you...take a CHAMPION Lab and breed it with a CHAMPION Poodle...like it or not, you have a champion BLOODLINE.

You really should do a little research before you put your foot so far into your mouth...your comments, although unsolicited, only prove that you don't do any sort of research. And, if you want to be taken seriously (in your insults) you really should at least ATTEMPT to be knowledgeable.

Nowhere in your comments do you mention important issues such as, testing dogs for genetic predisposition to disease, breeding for temperament and intelligence, trying to create a breed of dog to help people with allergies so that they, too, might enjoy the love of a pet...or the assistance of a service animal...no, you are only concerned that Labradoodle breeders might be getting more money for their mutts than you do for a prized AKC champion...which, by the way, was, at some point...a mutt!

Ah, but then, because of selective INBREEDING, your favorite, AKC champion has become a "registered breed." And many of the "genetically unsound" puppies were, most likely, put to death so that you could feel superior in your AKC membership.

I would sincerely love to have you explain the history of any of your favorite breeds...or any of the accepted AKC breeds...and if you can find that have not been "infused" with other breeds in order to improve traits, I might be persuaded to give you the credit and respect that you are trying so hard to force.

Your comments show a total lack of knowledge, insight, intelligence and common sense. They do, however, confirm that you are subject to unfounded prejudice...and whether prejudice is used against people because of skin color, religion, or the type of dogs they prefer, hatred is an ugly thing...and you should be ashamed.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Movistar, thanks for catching my mistake I have corrected the post. I had a moment of mentalpause, which happens a lot lately. :shock:

Jac, your arguments are always engaging! You make me think more deeply about issues . Thanks.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
lisa I am so glad.... (I was thinking in my heart that someone took advantage of you. I am glad it was not that way!)

jac.... wow. eloquent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad i have this board to talk to other breeders and people that like doodles. I have so many people that call up just asking for information about the breed, what i dont get though is why some people cant keep it to themselves, why do they find the urge to send emails to people that arnt nice just cause they dont like the dogs they breed. Oh well. My puppies are so cute, im working on finding nice homes for them, the goldendoodles go to the vet monday, and after that they will hopefully all be sold. They are so cute, but they sure are bossy and somehow manage to get their way. Lol. Jennifer

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
jen I too get calls very often and even people that want to come see the puppies just because they want information about them or want to see them. I will send pictures and I do talk to them. I try to do a little ambassadorship and eductaion to them. It makes me feel better about the lengthy conversations. As far as the yucky email I havent received one but I know many that have and its just a matter of time I am sure. ((delete button ready))

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Mornin' friends!
Thanks for your nice comments...I am rather quick to jump when I feel the need to defend my dogs...and sometimes I regret what I do :oops: , but in this instance...I may have worded the letter in a more kind way, but I don't regret what I did. (I may still...but I dont' now! LOL)

Gene, the guy will get it...that is if his email address is correct...because I sent it to him personally. We'll see.

I discussed this with my wise and calm husband AFTER my response...hahaha...don't know why I don't do that before I react, ah well...that's the way I am...anyway, he had a great response and I thought I'd share it.

He said to tell "cowboy" that if he feels good about spending $800 for a paper, that is fine. People buy Labradoodles because they love the DOG...and papers are just not important. So, if the papers are important to him (or others), they are welcome to embrace the AKC and their rules, but he really should not be judging people who breed and/or buy dogs simply because they are in love with a really great dog.

Simple, true, non-condemning. My hubbie is a wise man. :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts