Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carol thinks that Ozzie is growing excessively long in the torso. He DOES have a long torso but I'm not ready to call it excessive or disproportionate. Different parts of his body seem to develop at different rates. For example, for a while his back legs seemed to be outgrowing the fronts, but now they've "evened out". Overall, at 7 1/2 months, he's growing VERY fast now and starting to put on a lot of muscle mass.

Anyone else have a "long" labradoodle?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I think Dexter is really long from neck to tail...I just attempted to measure him and he's about 30 inches from his neck (where his collar is) to the base of his tail. He was squirming and I'll have to remeasure him when he's more tired later.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ozzie is terribly afraid of the tape measure for some unknown reason, but he looks like almost 26 inches from base of neck to base of tail.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...so I must be right that Dex is abnormally long if he's almost as long as Denver :shock:

Kirby is deathly afraid of the tape measure (in addition to several other random things) too.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
hmmm...so I must be right that Dex is abnormally long if he's almost as long as Denver :shock:

Kirby is deathly afraid of the tape measure (in addition to several other random things) too.
Nah he is not abnormal, just long.................
I have seen other Doods who are almost as long as Denver
but not as tall....so it is normal........

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Ozzie is not morphing into a giant Dachshund then? Phew, that's a relief!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Coco is 15 1/2 months old and 29 inches from base of the neck to the base of the tail.

Abby is 24 inches long in the torso and is 5 1/2 months old.
Neither are afraid of the sewing tape measure ( didn't use the metal one that retracts...) ....but they absolutely HATE the yardstick!
Don't have a clue why.
8)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
ChasP505 said:
Ozzie is terribly afraid of the tape measure for some unknown reason, but he looks like almost 26 inches from base of neck to base of tail.
Annabelle doesnt like tape measure either - I waited until she was asleep - 29 inch long back

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max and BEAU are both very long.
HOWEVER MAX at 21mos has filled in a bit and is solidly built so he doesn't look so long anymore.
(Peanut is built like a stocky tank so she's out of this post hhahahhaa)

i forgot how long they are and will post their lengths tomorrow.
Beau has yet to fill in like Max so he looks really long at 9mos old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts