Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.K., one more.....

Now, if I can only get her to eat. She is painfully skinny and not interested in the food I provide ....

·
Registered
424 Posts
What a sweet little dog. I love her colouring.

Have you tried pouring chicken broth over the food?

Do you know what type of food she is used to?

Could be the change that is affecting her eating. Our dog doesn't eat much when she stays with other people. Her appetite should pick up once she knows she is in her forever home.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice. I do not know what her previous owners fed her, but I expect it was table food. The shelter fed her whatever was donated, usually Dog Chow. I am currently feeding her premium small breed kibble with cod liver oil added and have just started adding a little canned food to it just so she'll eat it, but she only takes a few bites then walks away. She likes string cheese, as that is what I use for training. She will also eat peanut butter from her kong. The vet said she is "pretty skinny even for a skinny dog". Maybe I should try feeding her several times during the day? I know she burns up calories just being outside in the winter and Calvin keeps her playing pretty hard, too. Leslie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
My dogs sometimes go through a phase where they won't eat anything...I have found that they will eat Science Diet, SMALL bites...for some reason, even my big dogs like dainty kibble.
You could drizzle a little bacon grease over the kibble and then reduce the amount as you go along.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts