Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, finally, finally we got DSL at the lake!! Soooo, I'll be keeping you on picture overload for the next few days!

I've never understood why, but the locals--even those like us who have a house here but "live" elsewhere--seldom use the lake for any kind of recreation. There's walking, bird-watching, fishing, water skiing, sailing, etc., most of which we do, but we are definitely in the minority. The locals just seem to take the lake for granted. My neighbor and I are the only two people that regularly take our dogs to the lake for a romp. We are fortunate in that we have easy access because there is a dirt trail/road in front of our houses but, goodness; the others aren't that much farther away!

Well, due to lack of precip, the lake is down and muddy but that never stops us!

Here we go!

Ahhhh! A ball AND water!! It doesn't get much better than this!

I did say muddy didn't I?

I know the ball is down here somewhere . . .

Does this look familiar??!! :wink:

A view of our house walking back from the lake.

A view from our deck. Nothing taken for granted here!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Diane ... it's everything a doodle and his/her Mom and Dad would love!

Soooo very beautiful! - Mom/Dad :D

Soooo very muddy! - Ebbe :wink:

How is the sailboat sharing working out?

G

·
Beautiful! The air and sky and light just look different there somehow! Very peaceful and relaxing. Love the muddy doodle photos!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA......... I LOVE the muddy face shot! Now, THAT should be on a calendar!!!
Beautiful spot...and your "cabin" (aka luxury home) is so gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing your perfect time away from home with us.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
WOW... gorgeous place! The house and scenery are perfect for each other.
The muddy doodle looks pretty sweet too considering it's not MY dog to clean up after. Bwahahahaha

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am in AWE! wow those pics are fantastic!!
and i love Dakota getting so muddy and having the time of his life :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dakota cleaned up just fine!!! :lol:

And thanks for all the compliments! I love it here. My husband built our house and I'm very proud of him!! We designed it together based on our likes and wants. Eagle Lake is in the northeast corner of California, about 100 miles north of Reno. With 100 miles of shoreline, it is actually the second largest natural lake wholly within California. It's been a pretty well kept secret, largely because it's not that easily accessable, but that is changing pretty rapidly. The sailboat?? Well, it's ready to go. My husband is just holding out for some "remember how to sail??" lessons from one of our friends up here! I'm ready to go sailing NOW!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, we found a beeach area with no mud but Dakota was having so much fun chasing the ball in the field, we never made it down to the water!

Dakota is the perfect traveler and almost always goes instantly to sleep in his backseat bed. But lately, when we're just putting around, he has decided to make himself a place up front!

Dakota crouches in his "stalking" mode!

Tired but happy!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts