Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh Mary! How sweet of you to ask!!
Dad will be released to a Sub Acute Rehab Center within the next 3 days or so. I just found that out tonight.
He's frightened of the whole thing and wants to go home.
He's doing rather well.......but he's lost some of his memory. It's been really sad seeing such a bright and "with it" guy not remember things........a mild stroke can still be pretty devastating.
Me.........I'm hanging in here..........having a hard time sleeping because I'm a worrier.........and love dad a whole lot!!

Thanks!! (((((((hugs))))))

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(((((((( Linda )))))))))

So glad your Dad will be getting out of the hospital, it is so hard to watch them go from vibrant to needing help.

Prayers that he does well at Rehab !

hugs
m

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lindamarie said:
Thanks Mary! :) One day at a time!
yup - that's all you can do - rehab takes time - Daddy still can't walk without walker and someone holding on to him so he tools around the halls in his wheelchair - getting pretty good at that :wink:

he gets frustrated but he does do therapy every day and is making small progress - takes longer the older they are, Daddy will be 90 in March

So encourage your Daddy, tell him not to get too frustrated ( hard I know ) that it just takes some time and that he has a lot of people praying for him

huggs
M

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Mary,
I didn't realize your dad was in the same boat! It's a big help to hear from others who understand.
Dad is discouraged and needs daily boosts from me and my brother. He's always been so independent and "in control".....this is hard for him.
Thanks sooooo much!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Prayers and good wishes are being sent your way Lindamarie, for your Dad...it's very dificult on them when they lose their independance...but he will adapt! Hang in there! :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts