Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i still plan on trying chicken backs however he just wasnt not budging with the raw food mix with sojos we had made nor the dry food that even the former foster used. I happened to give him a piece of our ferrets food and he loved it. SO i went and got the Wysong brand dog food and he ate a few small handfuls in the truck and then when we got home another 1.5cups. A little bit more $ but good quality and i can get it through our local co op instead of paying full retail. Now hopefully he will eat again next meal :D

Wyong saved the day haha

Michele

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UGH! I just realized it has corn and wheat in it. TOmorrow im going to another petstore that gives lots of free samples and try the taste of the wild with him. However, since gas is soo darn $ right now maybe i will bring him along to test it right there :wink:

Michele

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
i ve always felt that if the dogs poop is firm..it s good enough
for me if the dog eats it..many dog s do not take well to grain s
and corn..and you never know if some of the corn from china
will sneak into ur dog food.. :?

for that reason i feed Toby Canidae mixed with Kirkland s puppy
food..both when mixed with warm water smell pretty good..i do the
smell test..if i can t handle the smell i won t feed it to the dogs.. :lol:

there are many dog owner s here who use the BARF feeding method or
atleast some variation s of it..but, the wife and i believe in feeding only
kibble s and kirkland s can d..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats why this is becoming so hard for us. Even taste of the wild contains canola oil and we dont use that in our family as it is "rapseed" which is toxic to all animals and people. The BEST option for him would be of course the Barf however he will not eat anything raw :? yeah i dont like anything with corn unless it is organic if not then most likely GMO.

Tropical traditions sells frozen organic chickens that are fed coconut oil however at 35.00 for 12 pieces that is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ but im sure worth the price.
Michele

·
Registered
593 Posts
FloridaMama said:
UGH! I just realized it has corn and wheat in it. TOmorrow im going to another petstore that gives lots of free samples and try the taste of the wild with him. However, since gas is soo darn $ right now maybe i will bring him along to test it right there :wink:

Michele
Sampson was extrememly picky about food.
Eventually he got used to Canidae but has a possible food allergy and we switched.
We feed him the Taste of the Wild Salmon flavor I think... its in a blue bag... and he LOVES it! Was trying to eat it as I was pouring it into his big food storage pail...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts