Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's Labradoodle acted like after they were spayed? I picked her up from the vet yesterday (she had to spend the night) She seemed good but was crying a little and seemed to be anxious and not wanting to just lay down and sleep (which is what I expected) She gets a pill every 12 hours. I was wondering if it's real common to get a UTI after the surgery?...if so when do you start seeing the signs. Also, do you think getting them fixed puts wieght on them? Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well I've never had a labradoodle spayed, but I've gone through it with another dog.
They will be sore, so a little nervous, and a little depressed is normal for a day or two.
It is common to have a UTI after a spay, but not REAL common. You'll notice the signs when she does...peeing alot, with just a few dribbles coming out, obvious discomfort when doing so.
It's a misconception that they will put on weight after a spay/neuter. They only way a dog will put on weight is a lack of exercise, and/or too much food.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts