Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS LEXI & MADDIE!!!!

She looks so proud of herself! Nice looking boys you've got too. Did they go to the classes with you, or were they just attending graduation? Lexi is also the cutest in her class! Did you feel that the classes were a big help?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...congrats LEXI and mommie tooo!
now who's prouder MOM or LEXI or your boys? :wink:

Maddie your boys are handsome!--wowie!!! oh are going to have your hands full hahahaa and the phone will be ringing off the wall with girls calling all the time. :wink: and Lexi running around in the background.
If you boys take her for walk...well you know the girls melt hahaha

You've got a great looking family...including Lexi

and like Gene...has the training made a difference like when you're home?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The boys attened class with us, as they are active in her care and training too.

This was a 6 week puppy kindergarten class at Petco. The first 15 minutes was always puppy socialization (Lexi's favorite part). She was 4 1/2 months when we started, and 6 months when we graduated.

It was a very basic course. The first session was "getting to know you", no real lesson on that day. Lesson 2: sit and down- Lexi already knew these. Lesson 3: stay and come-Lexi already knew these too. Lesson 4:loose leash walking. Lexi does fine with her prong collar, but I don't know if the methods the trainer used would work for Lexi without the prong. Lesson 5: Learning games (this one was pretty good. Lesson 6: Each pup performs, and is presented with their diploma.

All in all - the socialization was the most valuable part for Lexi. I guess it would have been more helpful if Lexi came in knowing nothing, but everyone who posts here is reading, and working with their pups from day 1.

Maybe the intermediate class would have had more of an impact. I'm debating between intermediate group lessons, or a private trainer. Individual attention probably would be better taylored to Lexis needs- but she would not get much doggie socialization in the cold NY winters without group lessons. Either way-any behavior training will only be as effective as the follow up we do at home after the lessons are over.

Thanks for the compliments on Lexi and the boys.

By the way Annemarie- you are outdated- all the calls go directly to the boys cell phones- no self respecting teen would call the family phone!

Don't look now- but your age is showing!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maddie and Lexi

·
Registered
138 Posts
Maddie said:
Lexi does fine with her prong collar, but I don't know if the methods the trainer used would work for Lexi without the prong.
It probably will be fine. Bailey does absolutely anything I tell her as long as she has the prong collar on, not always without it. My trainer says it can take 2-4 months of working with for it to fully translate to her doing everything w/o the collar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts