Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Summer has been busy, and Lexi needed a trim. I saw a great before and after shot of Dakota, and I always thought Lexi looked alot like him, but I was afraid of taking her to a pro- so I tried a "mini-trim" myself.

She is just under a year now, and has never had a cut. I trimmed just the bangs, beard, and a little aeround the neck.

Before...

After...

Maddie and Lexi

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh it came out so cute - you did a very good job. She really does look a lot like Dakota! Are they from the same breeder?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
She turned out pretty as a princess! You'll enjoy this! :lol: :lol: :lol: I looked at the pictures before I read your comments and my first thought was, "Wow, she looks a lot like Dakota!!" :D In fact, I called my DH over to look at her picture and he agreed. His comment was that Lexie doesn't have Dakota's dirty beard. I wish I had your grooming skill! I think I'll let Dakota grow out for now; our favorite groomer left and I'm not all that pleased with or trusting of the others . . .

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer.. are Dakota and Lexi from the same breeder...

We never discussed it, but I don't think so.

Dakota is older, I remember seeing pictures of Dakota when we first got Lexi, he looked almost full grown to me, and I hoped that Lexi would resemble him when she matured because I thought Dakota was sooooooo cute.

I know you probably can't tell from the picture, because they are pretty close up, but Lexi is a mini. She will be a year on August 17th. She is 16" tall and 27lbs.

Thanks for the compliments on the cut!!! I was so scared I would mess up-but I like the trim...and she has't complained...

Maddie and Lexi

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is too cute!!!! :lol: :lol: You are so right--if not siblings, they most certainly are soul mates! Thanks for the good laugh--I thought I had the only Doodle that could possibly enjoy the mud that much!! :wink:

And thanks for the nice words about Dakota!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
What a great job on Lexi!! I am a liver nose lover too! There, I admitted it, it's out in the open now! :oops: I had forgotten Lexi was a mini...how cute is that! :lol: She could run under Jonah and Denver ans a few others here! :shock:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
What a great trim ... Lexi looks beautiful (I love that muddy face). I think you have a second career in the making :) ! In fact ... Ebbe just went to the groomer two weeks ago and it looks as if she could go back today :? !

I know they say dogs and their owners begin to look alike. But no one said characteristics would be the same .... Marc and I both have the speediest growing, curly frizzy hair in the world. And now our doodle too! :roll:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
You did a great job! Wow! Lexi looks fabulous!
She really does look like Dakota, and I think that Dakota is a doll baby!

I finally gave up on trying to get all of the tools I needed for a proper trim of my dogs...they needed a hair cut and I could never get the right clippers with the right comb attachments...so I said, "No more waiting!" These dogs needed a cool haircut NOW...so I shaved Chase down! He is such a skinny, funny looking clown...but he feels great! So I started on Nitos last night...got half way and the clippers got too dull to continue, so Nitos has a half shave and half fur ball look...very funny!
Today I find more blades or at least a sharpener...and, hopefully combs to clip-on!

Either way, my dogs are getting that summer cut! (And, believe me, it is hilarious!)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OOOps I just used scissors...is that wrong?

I was just afraid that if I took her somewhere they wouldn't know what to do with her, and I didn't want her to loose that shaggy look.

I'm thinking of trying to cut a ltttle off the body.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Footlady-If it's true that dogs resemble their owners, then Lexi must belong to Annemarie, because I am a brunette (unless you count the grey) LOL

Maddie and Lexi

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Maddie YOU did a SUPER job on Lexi and you're right ...i couldn't tell she was a mini but i can tell she's gorgeous!!!

and maddie you know i can give you the name of my hairdresser if you like :wink: she can make you blonde if you want :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
No, sissors are best! I used to use them...but when you get ... ah, over 5 dogs... sissor cutting could take the entire summer! LOL

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You did a terrific job on Lexie!!!! We're on vacation last week and next, and every morning I take raleigh outside with the scissors and comb, and 'trim' him until he won't sit still...hahaha...let's just say he's 'a work in
progress'!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Annemarie- I would take the name of you haidresser if I thought there was any hope for my hair. Unfortunately that is not the case :cry:

Lexi is the only cover girl around here!

Kathie- Lexi was a work in progress for a while too. A little here and a little there is all she would safely allow. Hang in there! And post pictures when you're through!!!!!!!!!

Maddie and Lexi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts