Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a very warm and blustery day here and all of the remaining leaves fell from our trees. Toby had the time of his life. He thought that every leaf that fell was a special gift just for him. I, too, began to fell particularly blessed seeing this phenomena through Toby's eyes. I knew you all would "get it". Thanks for giving me an outlet for my doodle-itis.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thank you for sharing this story LeeBeth. How is Toby feeling these days?

Jett had a similar experience when I finally moved one of our cars out of our garage and there was a bunch of leaves underneath. She hadn't seen whole leaves in quite a while and was in heaven to find these.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Vicky,

I saw the picture of Jett with her "treasure" - too cute! Was Jett happy to see her Pappa?? Is Steve home?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vicky, Toby's legs are great thanks to the glucosamine. Now, we're working on the eye :( But now everyone at his dr's office loves him....He's been there a lot. They happen to be right on my way to work- they don't have a groomer, but will bathe him for $15. What a deal! I can leave him there at 7:30 a.m. to play all day and when I pick him up at 5 p.m, he's CLEAN! Great, huh? Thank you for asking. I hope Jett is well as well :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Susie, yes Steve is home for a few days, he leaves again tomorrow for ten days, and Jett was very happy to see him but not as happy as the cockers. :lol: Jett is very conflicted though. She wants to be loyal to me and stay by my side but she wants to spend time with daddy and the cockers too. Poor girl :wink: How is Miss Abbie doing?

LeeBeth, I am glad to hear Toby's leg problems have gone away. Glucosomine is great! I think I read that you have been working with his eye, getting the lid to turn back out, is it getting better? That must be very painful. They can correct it with surgery if they need to, right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Vicky,

So happy to hear that Steve is home safe and sound!! Thank God!! Sorry to read that he has to go away again, but at least it's for 10 days only this time! That's cute about Jett. Abbie is the same way. She is with me so much that when her "Pappa" gets home, she runs to greet him, plays with him a bit and then before you know it, I have a Doodle by my side again! Great to know that Jett is running around playing...little doll baby!! Is she 100% now? I was just thinking about you guys and your matching coats- it is raining here now. I think that I need to buy Abbie one! She is doing great- thanks for asking. I posted two new pictures the other night from Christmas!

:lol: Susie and Abbie

·
Registered
207 Posts
Susie, I loved the Abbie pictures. She looks like such a lovie.

I haven't tried a hat on Jett since the birthday hat fiasco. She doesn't mind jackets tho, go figure. :? Jett is pretty much 100% for our family's needs. She can get on/off the bed, get in/out of the SUV (using the passenger door, no more flying leaps), play, and take reasonable walks with me. I am the one that gets wierd about her activity, but I always imagine the wires coming undone and the plates coming unscrewed. Hopefully, in time I will be able to relax.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks Vicky- she is quite the love bug! She's the love of our lives! So happy to be blessed with her.

She does not like to wear hats...in fact I came home one day to find that santa hat and her antlers chewed up! She made it very clear that she was not going to wear them ever again! lol!

Great that Miss Jett is doing well. That makes my heart smile! We were sooo upset and worried about her (and you!) when she was going through everything in the fall. My family knew that they would be receiving "Jett" updates from me daily!! Hey, it could have been any one of us. Bless her heart! I am just like you though- neurotic about my baby!!! :lol: Abbie goes over to my parent's house and "flies" not jumps, but flies off of their deck steps. It makes me crazy- there is not stopping her!!! I worry about her legs and hips too!

Hugs to Jett!
Susie and Abbie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts