Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any reason (other than it isn't something that my dog will ever actually be able to catch) for not using laser pointers as a chase toy?
Bodzin had the best time last night in the yard running around trying to get that red dot. I just wondered if there are any known side effects.
thanks!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
the only thing I would think is to not overdo it or take a break if the dog starts acting obsessive with it or anything. We tortured my mom's cat w/a laser pointer :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ditto to above

we use laser pen for them to run around , get bit of exercise and fun but never point it in their eyes.

we used to point it in the water bowl and peanut would try to paw it out hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
248 Posts
There is one danger...Uma played with a laser pen a lot as a young puppy and has forever made the association that pen = laser. You cannot write a list, a quick note, or sign a check without her thinking any second a red beam is going to pop out of it. Thank you notes are TORTURE to her. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
My neighbors' labs now associate any red light with the laser, and they will sit and stare at the smoke detector intently, waiting for the light to start moving. Ditto for the "ready" light on the cable box, which I covered with electrical tape so they'd ignore it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some dogs completely ignore them, others become obsessive about them. There is a pointer at my dog parks that will spend 2 hours looking for the red dot after the laser pointer is put away.

My dog will sometimes stare at me for 20 minutes waiting for the laser pointer to come out of my pocket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts