Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that this posted in the wrong spot. Lani threw up around dinner time and has thrown up 6 more time in the last hour. She also has soft poop with bloody mucus in it. Her nose is cool and warm and is sleeping right now. I've emailed our vet hoping that he checks tonight or early in the morning. I'm kind of worried. :(

·
Registered
968 Posts
Poor Lani! :( That doesn't sound good. :( Do you have a 24 hour emergency vet in the area that you could call?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:( I hope she is better. Not to scare you, but that sounds a bit like the symptoms when they eat something they shouldn't...keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
We are thinking of you Lisa and Lani!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers. We just got home from the vets. The vet said that the "bad" bacteria in the intestinal track has gone wild, a stool smear should have maybe 3, hers had "dozens and dozens". It becomes toxic and inflames the digestive tract. She got a shot for, vomiting, inflammation and spasms. Then he gave a shot of antibiotic to make sure she wouldn't throw it up. No food till morning. :( He is going to check for parasites as a precaution. She hopefully will be herself by tomorrow.

Forgot the vet said there is no way to know what caused it to go crazy, could be something she ate, chewed on a stick with raccoon poop...

Thanks again. Time for a nap, it was like having a sick baby, up all night.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Oh that sounds like good news! I was afraid she had something foreign in her stomach/intestines. I hope she feels better soon!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH LIsa...........how is Lani today? and please update us on tests

I too am watching Peanut right now :roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts