Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last my son called to let us know that Lani had begun throwing up again. I was up with her all night again. She couldn't get comfortable, would occasionally throw up and need to go out. Around 5:15 am she yelped for no apparent reason, she was laying in her crate, then again around 8:15 this morning went out and threw up a couple of times.

Back to vet, thinks maybe pancreatitis. She yelps on the way to get blood work. While waiting for blood work, I notice hives on the underside of her ears and her tummy! I think maybe allergy to antibiotic. Blood work was all normal. He mentions that insect stings and bites can cause all 3 reactions also. He decides to give her a shot of a type of prednisone (sp). She yelps on the way back for the shot.

Now it is wait and see. She has kept food down but is not at all herself. I let her and Toby out on the deck and she yelped again when the oaf knocked into her, then wouldn't put her right front paw down. Now we have to wait until morning to talk to him about the foot and....

I feel like we have a baby again with the being up all night with her Wed and last night. Tired and worried, sorry this is so long. I needed to vent, thanks for listening.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So sorry. Will be anxious to find out how things are going.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh ((((((((((LISA))))))))))) i am so sorry to hear Lani is not doing well

and PREDNISONE there can be side effects as peanut is on Prednisone too
along with prednisone eye drops

1. some dogs will get hyper on it......other dogs can get sleepy
2. some dogs like peanut, IF sensitive to prednisone can loose bladder control
also there are many other side effects too....hopefully LANI will tolerate prednisone just fine and it will help her out. usually it does wonders for hives and severe allergies

keep us posted

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Too bad for Lani you Lisa. Hopefully in a very short time, Lani will get back to normal and everybody can get a good nights sleep. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Prayers for you & Lani! I'm so sorry!! I hope you get to the bottom of this fast!
hugs

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
So sorry to hear about Lani, Lisa! Hope the poor girl will be feeling better soon - hugs and prayers from S.C.!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LISA ...how is Lani today?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Big hugs for you and Lani! I hope there is some improvement today and that she recovers quickly. Cali sends woofs and kisses.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the good thoughts,hugs and prayers. Well the vet called this morning to see how his girl was doing. She hasn't thrown up since yesterday morning, no diarrhea , she has eaten only about 1/4 of what she would normally in 2 days. Her yelping seems to be an issue with her right front leg, not related to the colon issues. (unless as he said that doodles are special and hade their colon attached to their front paws :wink: )Hives are gone and she is not uncomfortable like she was yesterday and the night before. She is not moving around like she should, only moving if she has to. He said it sounds like pain. Doesn't want to give pain meds till we know that the colon issue is resolved. Will call him at 3 to give update :?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yelping doesn't seem to be related to her paw now????? Good news is that she just instigated some play in the yard with Toby, aka the "Oaf", and her paw/leg seemed fine??? Now I don't know what to think. :?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry to hear she is having such a hard time, but it sounds like it's getting better! Well wishes from ATL!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Lani is back to only moving if she absolutely has to, she wouldn't come out of her crate but laid there and whined. I coaxed her out with treats. Talked to the vet again, says it is good that she is not vomiting and no diarrhea. He believes she is in pain so he gave her an analgesic that won't (shouldn't) cause stomach distress. Will check in with the vet again on Tuesday unless something else happens. Beyond the bacterial thing I'm wondering if something is happening at the groomers... The last time she was groomed a day or two later she had the hip issue now a front leg...

We interrupt this post to clean up the Pomegranate Lemonade Toby knocked over onto a bookshelf behind the couch while trying to take a swig!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm thinking no more groomer it is getting way too expensive, this time $350 plus the $60 for grooming. OK to be fair the first $150 for the bacterial trouble shouldn't be included, so $200 and I think $400 for the hip thing!!!!! More venting, sorry.
:oops:

G

·
Lisa vent away!!! Maybe find another groomer. That is weird that she is only sick after the groomers.

Lani get better soon so your mama will stop worring!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Poor baby. Did she get her nails clipped? I don't know all the details, but twice an issue after being groomed, I would tend to wonder.

Wishing her well !!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts