Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that Lani wasn't acting right this morning, no running, jumping or playing. She went to jump on the couch and couldn't. I checked her legs, she cried when I touched her right hind leg.

So off to the vet we go (3rd time in a week, 2x with Moonee). The vet checked Lani out and found her right hip to be sensitive to light touch and possibly her left also. She also had some clicking in her left knee but no pain thank GOD! Lani and Toby have done Lots of really hard roughhousing the last few days so hopefully just a muscle pull. I am really hoping!

2 WEEKS of REST, what a challege that will be, and a RX of Rimadyl, then a recheck in 2 -3 weeks.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:( I hope Lani is better soon. It sounds like it came on so quickly so I would also hope and believe it's just a pull.

We found it useful to keep Dex on a leash during his rest (toe injury and surgery) because otherwise they found a way to wrestle...good luck!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Best wishes that it is just a pulled muscle or such...that with rest will resolve itself :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Aww Lani, hope you feel better soon sweetie. Rest up and be good for your mom.

Hoping it's not serious. Hang in there... :-(

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Get better soon, Lani! Take it easy and enjoy all the pamering Mom's going to give you over the next couple of weeks! Hope everything is ok!

Sue - love your new avatar of Denver!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LIsa sure hope Lani recovers quickly and that it's just a pulled muscle
keep us posted

and neat avitar sue!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh no! Lisa, I am so sorry!
I hope and pray that little Lani will be feeling good again soon and that you will be able to keep her rested enough to heal.
Please keep us posted. I am very sorry... :cry:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dextersmommy said:
Poor Lani. Hope you're better soon.

Dexter could come over in his homemade lard bucket collar and mope with you.:shock:

You'll have to give me time to find a lard bucket for Lani we wouldn't want her to make fun of him! :wink:

Thanks everyone! I think this is going to be harder on poor Toby, he already tried to play this morning and got yelled at to stop. Now he is pouting on the couch. :(

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Thanks everyone! I think this is going to be harder on poor Toby, he already tried to play this morning and got yelled at to stop. Now he is pouting on the couch.
I feel your pain...Kirby had finally really started enjoying (and instigating) play with Dexter when he had his surgery and we had to tell Kirby "no" when he tried to play...it's so tough when there are multiple of them. Uggh - 2 weeks doesn't sound like a long time, but I know it is...good luck!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts and wishes. Day 3 and she seems to possibly be in more pain. CJ gave a whack on her butt (not hard, just as she walked by) and she yelped, Toby bumped into her back end and she yelped then while she was laying next to me I tried to roll her on her side to rub her belly she yelped again! I feel so bad for her. I'm beginning to get a little more worried. :cry:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts