Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last December, I bought Lani and Toby each a food puzzle. I had not used them in quite a while. So tonight I decided to break them out. An hour at the dog park and having to chase their food around has pooped them out! They are sleeping like babies, here is a little video of their dinner work out.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LISA they're so quiet!!! OMG ....what kind of toys are those or who makes them???

thanks for sharing the video!! and Lani's cut looks awesome

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
that's a cute video

we got Dex a food cube and he totally didn't understand it. he just kept barking at it...haha. we'll have to try it again.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MaxandMe said:
LISA they're so quiet!!! OMG ....what kind of toys are those or who makes them???
I purchased them over the internet, it is a company called "Canine Genius". I think they were $18. Now it seems they are in stores! Here is the link. You put the food in them and they have to roll it around, pick it up and shake it or even toss it for the food to come out. It was equated to packs of wolves having to work/hunt to get their food. It keeps them busy for a while. I showed them how to roll it and they figured out the rest!
http://www.caninegenius.com/

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Thanks for link, will have to think on that.

Annabelle already plays field hockey with her food, not sure if I should encourage to bat it around anymore :roll:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
annabelles mom said:
Annabelle already plays field hockey with her food, not sure if I should encourage to bat it around anymore :roll:
Toby plays floor hockey with the empty food bowls and water bowl! :shock: It drives me nuts!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
What a neat idea Lisa!!! Sure would keep my two busy for awhile!!! :wink: And one in particular out of trouble!!!! Think I just might try it! Thanks for the video! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks LISA !! i can also imagine what they'll sound like on mexican tile floors and laminate too hahhaaa Probably sound like a bowling alley? :shock: :D hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

but if keeps peanut occupied for a little while and out of trouble hahaha it's worth it!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MaxandMe said:
thanks LISA !! i can also imagine what they'll sound like on mexican tile floors and laminate too hahhaaa Probably sound like a bowling alley? :shock: :D hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

but if keeps peanut occupied for a little while and out of trouble hahaha it's worth it!!!
The noise shouldn't be too bad the puzzles are made of rubber so it should be a thud sound then something like a rain stick as the food falls on the tiles. Should be a quasi realxing sound, in a doodle way. :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I have something similar that I leave the kids with when I leave the house. Those look like they take a bit longer. I may have to get a couple! Thanks! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts