Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many people are looking to expand their Doodle Family. If you may be one of them, check out petfinder.com

I can't believe all the doodle in shelters! There is Mama, Molly McDoodle, with a litter of puppies. I wish I could rescue them all, but most are located too far from me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
http://www.poomixrescue.com/ sent me an email sometime yesterday about Midnight a GD. Today we met him and he is such a charmer!! Our application has been submitted and we are excitedly waiting to see if we get excepted to love and spoil him for life. Wish us luck!! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good luck Anne! Please let us know how it goes...it would be so nice to match you up with a sweet GD!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Shannon, Your right about it being Jo. I just sent off a thank you note to her for the heads up on Midnight. :D And if we are excepted to adopt him it will be $800. It's going to a good cause. Also I have been saving for a doodle since Oct. which by the way was when he was born. <grin> And thanks Jac, I'll keep you all posted on what happens.
Anne G

·
Registered
972 Posts
That is great and it is going to a good cause. these doodles are so wonderful, and I am so happy that you may be getting him. He really is just too cute!! I send her the ones on petfinder and she sends the emails, and she sends me what she finds, and I post them to the website. It has been working out great, and we just love to see people adopt them and post about it!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well I just had to look at Midnights picture one more time so I went to petfinder to take a peek and found that they have raised his price to $10000 but I am guessing they ment $1,000. Does anyone know if this is standard practice? Does he go to the highest bidder? :? I was nervous before! Now I am really nervous.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Shelter called me back this morning and said that it was a miscommunication between the person who posts the info and the shelter.  :D The cost is still $800 since that was what was posted originally. And they just accepted another sweet dog that has heart worm and will need med. Attention so part of the money will go to that. It truly is a great program!! What a relief!!
Now the BEST news!!! We have been excepted to adopt Midnight!!! I will be picking him up Friday afternoon and was advised to take him straight to a groomer, for he is kind of a mess. YIPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY I just can't wait!!!!! I am keeping it a secret from the family for now. The plan is to get a big bow and have Midnight waiting for The Hubby at the door. Today is his birthday and Midnight will be his surprise present!! What wonderful timing!! Plan on hearing from me soon and often for We will need all the advise we can get/find on this forum.
Proud to sign off,
Midnights Mom

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congratulations Anne! Welcome to the wonderful world of doodles. I was considering Midnight myself! He's gorgeous. So glad that you are able to open up your heart and your home to him. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations Anne and Midnight! He is a stunning puppy! I am certain that you will be in puppy heaven!
Keep us posted about Midnight's arrival and the birthday surprise! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow!!! He is just soooo awesome. We picked him up at 2:00 today and had to take him to the groomers before taking him home. He is not shy at all, but there was a challenge getting him into the car. Once we got home he raced around the whole house and yard and checked out all his new toys &#8230;. What energy this pup has!! J The Hubby was thrilled to meet him. Of course it wasn't the surprise I was hoping for. He was home before us but it was still fun to see them meet for the first time. It's been a fun evening watching Midnight explore and play. He is very under weight but it doesn't show with all that fluff hiding it. :D Can't wait to fatten him up!! We will work on getting pictures to show everyone ASAP. For now I need to find the thread on best food, chews, and brushes/combs. Thanks for all the "Welcomes" and "Congrats"
The new, proud Doodle Family

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anne,
I am so happy for you and your family! :D I have a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart! Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts