Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently work black labs and trying to find info on the labradoodle as a falconry dog work and hunt with them. Is there anyone on this forum with this kind of knowledge.

Regards

Andrew Peel.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum.

Shannon is right, Sammy is training to be a bird dog and she is fabulous! She has great instincts and Kelly and her husband really work hard to train her...the result is a really promising bird hunting dog.

I don't know about falconry...I am not aware of any Labradoodles working with falcons, however, both the Lab and the Poodle are retrievers and both breeds are extremely intelligent. I think that with the proper training, these dogs could do anything! (Except attack! LOL)

I bought a Goldendoodle from champion hunting lines (on the Golden Retriever side) and although I don't train her for hunting, I know that she has the right instincts. She is really a great dog...very alert and smart. She loves to retrieve and she can humor herself for hours with two or three tennis balls...I am sure that she could be well trained for hunting. Her mother is from the Seven Acres Farm and she was trained at the Duckmen Kennels at http://www.duckmenkennels.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know any breeders in the uk as i am finding most of the breeders are in the America. My black lab is a field trail champon and a great falconry dog. I work him under the gun and also with the birds (harris hawks and goshawk excellent nose on him and quarter well) i would love to breed him with a good poddle put its finding the right line and also the right person over here. He is drakeshead line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts