Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved this in my email today, I suspect alot of us did, can't help her out. Perhaps someone else can.....

February 7, 2008

To: Australian Labradoodle Breeders

I am Robin Lion of Fresno, CA. I am ready to adopt my second Australian doodle. I have decided to blanket the doodle industry to save time. Browsing the numerous sites is simply too time consuming. I would like to list my needs and see what any of you have to offer.

Needs:

Australian doodle (pure doodle)

Fleece coat

Chocolate (1st choice), Cream (2nd)

Standard or large medium (larger the better)

Excellent health standing

Excellent pedigrees of both parents

Excellent disposition

Potential therapeutic dog

Please contact through email with pictures if possible and links. I’ve found that the web sites take a tremendous amount of time to meander through and thought this would be the wisest use of my time and yours. If you have a pup to offer I am very interested and ready to adopt.

Sincerely,

Robin Lion, MFT

Marriage, Family and Child Therapist

PS if anyone can help her please PM me for her info (ph# and email) Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
hmm. this may seem a bit harsh, but speaking as someone with a young puppy at home... it is a lot of work! i'm wondering whether somebody who is unable to find time to browse multiple breeder websites would have time for training, socializing, and caring for a baby dog?

-em

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
sounds like a few people I have worked with who think nothing of expecting others to do their work for them, even though it is Not their job.

I think if someone wants a puppy or dog, that taking the time to find one is part of the responsibility of having one.

I see nothing wrong with asking friends for referrals or even posting on a forum you have been a part of for a while, but to just send out emails to strangers asking them to find a puppy for you somehow seems WRong.

I am wondering, if one doesn't have the time to search for a puppy, where will the time come from to train and Love the puppy?

JMHO

·
Registered
100 Posts
Personally, the "time consuming" comment was the one that made me cringe. I spent 2 years combing through websites and eventually, you narrow those down...well worth the time and effort if you ask me to find it on your own.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yikes.

Judi - if you have her email, why don't you send her the link to this thread, that you started on her behest, and let her see the replies for herself.

If she's got the time, that is.

Good points, all. Love the "impure".....I call POST OF THE DAY!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok let's look at the flip side of this letter.
I'd say there may be a reason for this type of letter as to possiby someone wanting only the best for a possible therapuetic doodle?

and if several australian breeders were to talk with her
well possibly she may be able to elaborate on her needs as well as
get more educated at the same time and a 1sthand experience versus
maybe just the research she has done.

by her sending a letter like above maybe she's trying to say what she is looking for and needs someone to see WHY and then try to
tell her what is myth, fact and MAYBE then she may want one.

the only problem i have is her NOT taking the time to Meander thru websites.....as it takes work for research and a HECK lot more to raise a puppy. and of course the word PURE doesn't settle well with me either

G

·
Annmarie I see your point HOWEVER if it were mew I would send a letter like that to breeders that I have narrowed down.....not just a blanket letter to every LD breeder out there!
(JMO...not trying to start anything!)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
hmz819 said:
Annmarie I see your point HOWEVER if it were mew

Sorry!! :oops:

The PURE part got me too. I understand being busy.....but half the fun of getting a new family member is the search and research. I didn't get warm fuzzys from that letter....

PS....it's like they're saying, "I don't want to waste MY time looking, when I can waste YOUR time." :roll:

·
Registered
670 Posts
no warm fuzzies here either!! :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
MEW might be right!!!
hahhahaa Gene is that a bengal kitten?

and I am in agreement with all of you but i always try the
'benefit of doubt" too.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
sessa35 said:
I've found that the web sites take a tremendous amount of time to meander through and thought this would be the wisest use of my time and yours.
Thank you,
for deciding what's the "wisest" way to use my time.
:roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFL - I saw that and cracked up Vanessa, thanks for the laugh :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts