Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are getting a Labradoodle together for Christmas. We are extremely excited. It sounds like doodles are wonderful breeds.
We were just wondering what the average size is for a standard labradoodle? I'm not sure exactly the sizes of the parents but the breeder said they are a normal sized black lab and standard poodle. I assume there is a good bit of variation in size but what can we expect?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Three sizes of Labradoodles are currently distinguished.
The Standards are 23 - 26 inches tall.
The Mediums are 18 - 21 inches tall.
The Miniatures are 14 - 17 inches tall.

Weight

The Standards: Females - 45-60 pounds; Males - 55-77 pounds.
The Mediums: 40-55 pounds, Males being the larger.
The Miniatures: 26-55 pounds, Males being the larger

Copied right from the breed information from this site!
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/labradoodle-information.php
There ya go!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum, :) you could be looking at any where from 50 to 80 lbs depending on the parents. I would get the weights from the breeder they should know how much the dogs weigh. Make sure you post pictures once you bring your baby home. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good morning, Musicguy, welcome to the forum!

It will be interesting to see how much your Labradoodle will weigh. As Tinaweena and Linda (Gracielou) have said the sizes are determined by serveral things. The standard, which is what Tinaweena posted, is a common tool used to make an educated guess and Linda's suggestion to contact the breeder regarding sizes will help too.

Don't be surprised, however, if your Labradoodle outweighs the parents...or underweighs them! It is usually a surprise and I have head of Labradoodles reaching over 100 lbs!

My Labradoodles are from a standard Lab and Poodle, but I believe that both parents were on the small side. My girls are rather small, one weighing 43 lbs and the other around 53 lbs. But our standard Poodle is 70 lbs, so I expect that some of our puppies will be large.

Congratulations on the addition of your new puppy. I know that you will be very happy with him. We'd love pictures when you get them!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I don't have anything to add. I do know that whatever size he/she matures at, you will be madly in love :wink: These dogs are the BEST :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
labradoodle size

I'm new to this forum too and have enjoyed the discussions.
My labradoodle, Dave, is 8 months old and 81 lbs! I was told he was going to be about 75 lbs. His paws still look too big for his body, so he may become one of those 100+lbs. doodles!
He's the BEST dog! :p (yes, I'm biased)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Josie!
Welcome to the forum....you're going to be addicted! Wow, Dave is big!! My baby, Abbie, is 56 lbs and is 18 months old. Have you posted a picture of Dave yet? Can't wait to see!

Susie and Abbie :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts