Labradoodle Forums banner

LABRADOODLE SAVES MAN FROM HOUSE FIRE

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MaxandMe 
#1 ·
SOMEONE THAT ADOPTED ONE OF OUR LABRADOODLES JUST SENT US THIS FROM AN ONLINE NEWS STORY OUT TODAY 1/16/07:
Savvy Labradoodle Awakens Owner, Saving Him From Burning Cottage in California
01-16-2007 8:25 PM

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -- A savvy Labradoodle has one lucky owner. Firefighters said Bella, a mix of poodle and Labrador retriever, saved the life of her owner Matt Carcerano on Monday, waking him before his Santa Cruz cottage went up in flames.

At 3:30 a.m. Bella woke Carcerano, a 32-year-old welder, with a combination of growling, whimpering and barking.

"It was weird. I was sound asleep and she made noises I'd never heard before," Carcerano said. "I opened my eyes and it was just orange."

The floor-to-ceiling wall heater in the 50-year-old, two-room cottage was on fire, and Carcerano rushed out in socks and pajamas just as the entire place went up in flames. All of his belongings were destroyed except for a few photo albums he was able to grab.

The cottage had no smoke detectors. Fire department battalion chief Mike Venezio called Bella a lifesaver.

Carcerano said he planned to take Bella for a two-hour romp on her favorite local beach, once he took care of some personal issues.

"I gotta go buy shoes," he said.

___

Information from: Santa Cruz Sentinel, http://www.santacruzsentinel.com

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

See less See more
#6 ·
what a great doodle and story!!!!
So glad to see a happy ending!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.