Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened!!! 20 yrs ago I learned to groom in a grooming shop. I ran into the lady I worked for and was called a traitor, as she found out I bred Labradoodles!!! She breeds toy poodles. She went round and round on how I should have just bought a standard poodle, and how labs were "useless" dogs. I stuck up for LD's best I could and them the owner of the feed store (bless his heart) chimed in on what beautiful & well behaved dogs they were.
She accused me of selling out for the money. I gave her awhile to rant.....then asked her how many toy poodles she now has. 24 of them!(she had 40 when I worked for her)
HA! who's in for the bucks!! I am going to give her awhile and them take my F1B puppy over to meet her. Tuesday has to stay home...she loooks too much like a lab. I'm such a stinker...wish me luck!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
keep us posted.......this should be a good one hhahahaaaaaa!!! i lov it! hahhaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I hate when people say that about breeding Labradoodles! Does this woman not have better things to mope and complain about?...sheeesh!
Yea.....show HER the money........what a wicth!
Show her the f1b cutiepie.........lol.........this should be good to hear her next beef!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good luck! Why do people always have to opinions??

The other week my hairdresser asked me how Boyd was and somehow it came up that he's a LD. Anyhow, the lady two chairs from me piped up and said "I don't know why people insist on calling them Labradoodles, he's nothing but a mutt and a mongrel."

I didn't respond but I can tell ya I didn't appreciate her unsolicited comments! :evil:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I haven't really experienced prejudice, other than those who question my sanity for buying Napa.... But it does bother me, too.

It's unfortunate that there are so many people out there that are ignorant to the good that is being done by the breeders of Labradoodles. The other thing that bothers me is that there are snide comments on some of the posts in the poo-mix page about designer dogs and how the future of them is the pound. It's putting the blame on the wrong people, and making it difficult for those who do breed, and are responsible about who they sell their pups to, and who have rehome policys to keep a good name for the breed. It's sad that so many doodles are in the pounds, but its not the breed's problem. Because, the same could be said for all the lab mixes. Anyway, that's my rant for the day. Thanks for letting me rant!

G

·
Amen Kristen! I thought of the same thing. It always makes me mad when I read those posts. It is not any different for any other breed.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
JUDI, YOU GO GIRL!

there are 100 reasons and ways you can debate your points with your former mentor, but really why try to help her and her ignorance? :wink:

You know better! And calling Labs USELESS! Does she not use those furminator treatments for Labs and other retrievers? She can make money off Labs! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what? i no longer get upset anymore as i realized it is due to sheer ignorance.

before we got Peanut i wanted to adopt an older puppy/adult std retired poodle. the Vice president of a poodle club of america told me
MAX should have been culled along with all other labradoodles

culled in breeding world means NOT allowed to live

know what? i told her her thoughts she be culled until she tries meeting one. and stuck with getting Peant a GD.

EVEN the GRCA (golden retrievers club of america) a high up member blasted goldendoodles too. the Board of Directors of GRCA told them they were ignorant, misinformed and try having one first

REMEMBER: LD's and GD';s were originally created for service dog work
soooooooooo i take others Negative comments with a grain of salt now.

BEAU and Peanut are much more accepted due to their looks and color
whereas many are prejudiced against Max hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa
i could care less anymore, they're my babies and when people take the time to get to know Max they change their minds and fall in love with him

PS didnt' mean to be sooooooo long winded hahahhaa

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
What amazes me on the "they'll end up in a shelter" comment is.......when you search for labradoodles on sites like petfinders, you have to search by poodle or labrador. I find a lot more pure bred poodles and labs then you ever find labradoodles!! Do they have an answer for that?? :roll:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know...I searched for quite awhile for a rescue Labradoodle and I was willing to drive up to 5-6 hrs. away. However, my first priority was one that was used to little dogs as my 2 are both under 9 lbs. and could be taken out in one snap. I seemed to "just miss" most of them as they went so fast. I ended up finding a puppy 75 miles away..and she could be trained to be around the little dogs, and has grown into the most beautiful dog.She even snapped at the puppies when they started harrasing her buddies.
The more I started thinking about it, she was peddling Bishon/poodle pups back when, and she bred her stud to a cairn terrier when I was working.
I am just going to give her a couple of weeks and then go over there but will be sure to fill you all in.
Where I live, it was so hard to find a std. poodle stud to breed to. I was chewed out so many times and even hung up on. I found a standard poodle breeder 2 hrs. away whom had quality dogs and tested them. She even had a page devoted to Labradoodles she had breed before so I felt comfortable approaching her. From what I have since learned, she probably takes a beating from other poodle breeders....and she has excellent qualitylines...healthy, long-living, dark reds & chocolates. Although she is cutting back because of age and children, I will put her name out there as much as I can.
Like I said...I am a stinker, I don't take NO for an answer very well and I stand up for what I believe in. (My hubby said I should be selling realestate LOL)
Thankyou all for your support! :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have yet to bring home my 1st doodle puppy. Hopefully,it will be at the end of april. When I have told people that I'm getting a Labradoodle, the responses are so varied.

Some people think they know the type of dog but when they start talking about what they think are Labradoodles,you can tell right away they have the wrong impression.

I sent an email out to my friends last week with a picture of the mom and dad of my future puppy and the responses were, OH they are so cute... I didn't know that they looked like that.

Our older Chow/Lab was sent to heaven just before christmas and My husband and I were so sad. We can hardly wait for our new puppy.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I've decided that regardless what you do, if you give others an opening to judge or criticize you, they often will just because they can. Doesn't matter if they don't know what they're talking about... they like to hear themselves talk so they do.

I believe if you can satisfy yourself you're doing well. If others don't approve, that's their problem. If they were really secure in what they're doing, what the rest of us do wouldn't matter to them either.

·
Registered
558 Posts
WELlL!!!!! .... LUCKY ME...ITS WED & THE WAITING IS KILLING ME..WHAT DID SHE THINK???

When Tommy & I were first searching 5 years ago for a small dog (ha ha) we thought a Bichon would fit the bill. cute and small..then we came across the Labradoodle Breed ...we were hooked at just seeing how darn CUTE they were on the internet, never seeing one in person.
So we went to purchase our first Labradoodle. That story is posted elsewhere on here & is VERY SAD.... :( i won't go into it here ) but any way had to travel to NC from RI for Kelsey & was so happy we did...She has turned out to be a first rate happy dog for us...rings bells catches balls All Day if we let her , swims and best of all, gives kisses to all lil children.

Our neighbor brings her 3 yr old over all the time, Kelsey will not kiss us, but will lean over & kiss Jayden whenever she can...
I cannot count all the blessings she has added to our lives....
& now we breed because who can resist the fantastic nature of Labradoodles , the perfect dog for this century..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Another board I post on had a post last night that got me a little riled up. Out of the blue, with no provocation, there was a post titled "Does anyone else think Labradoodles are ugly?"

8 out of the 10 responses AGREED...so i chimed in and told them they were all just jealous...but who in their right minds can look at the face of one of our doods and say they are ugly?

Don't be hatin! :roll:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I find it hard to understand how some find a couple of the "pure breeds" attractive too. Some are so ugly they're cute... but some are just plain ugly. lol

I know better than to list which ones though... 'cause it's only my opinion and I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings should they happen to have one I might list.

Just for the record though I have yet to see an ugly doodle.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Very well said Vanessa.............
I have learned to ignore the ignorant when it comes to Doodles.
I too love all dogs/cats /animals and my heart is full from all the
animals I have met.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts