Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new online photo gallery today, this allows any forum member to upload pictures of their Labradoodle. Visitors can upload images of their Doodles as well...

I'll add some documentation later, but if you want to play with it, here it is:

http://labradoodle-dogs.net/gallery/

You need to make sure that your images are smaller than 1 MB. Smaller is better, preferrably 640 x 480.

Try resizing them with the Microsoft image resizing tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Image Resizer
This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

Image Resizer
ImageResizer.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps
Once this is installed, you can right-click on the image, select resize, and select small. Then try to upload again.

Anyway, there will undoubtedly be a bug or two...so please post your problems here, and I'll take care of it.

--Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mark
Help!!! I uploaded a pic of Sadie for the Gallery and I think it has ended up in someone else's album (?). :oops: Sorry. Would you kindly take a look and rectify. Delete it if you wish and I will try to do better next time :)
Thanks
Judi

G

·
0 successfully moved

I keep getting this response. I have changed my file size from 4400 kb to 218 kb... and it says at the bottom of the screen "cannot move file"... have you heard of this before?
Thanks.. Rhonda

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rhonda
I'm not too computer literate (you can tell by the louse up I made when trying to post Sadie's pic :lol: ) but looking at all the pics, they are all jpg files. Maybe this is your answer?? :?

Mark
Could you put some step by step instructions on here for us to follow? Would sure help the likes of me! :lol: Thanks.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Uploading pics

Rhonda, I'm having the exact same problem and I have resized my pics to small and I get the same message "they can't be moved". I've been trying for several weeks to get Winnie posted but to no avail. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem. I noticed that whoever posted Murph's picture with his easter toy didn't have a problem. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Di & Niki

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found some permissions set wrong in the photo album. Try uploading now.

Also, I removed the "Labradoodle" category so that everyone will post in the F1 category, the F1b category, or the F2/Multigen category. This should help educate the visitors a little better.

If anyone sees a problem with my descriptions, or if I have any photos in the wrong category, please PM me.

--Mark :shock:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Linda, yeah, I was beginning to think it was me, once you hit that "50" mark you're never too sure of anything :lol:

Di & Niki

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

hey, Mark, I see on the photo gallery page that it says 16 galleries exist and 5 are showing, but says nothing (That I could find) about how to access the other 11 galleries??

Right now I'm DYING to see the doodle romp pictures from DD, and I am clueless how to get to them or find them.
How about a heading called "Doodle romp pictures" ??? :?: :?:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maureen said:

hey, Mark, I see on the photo gallery page that it says 16 galleries exist and 5 are showing, but says nothing (That I could find) about how to access the other 11 galleries??

Right now I'm DYING to see the doodle romp pictures from DD, and I am clueless how to get to them or find them.
How about a heading called "Doodle romp pictures" ??? :?: :?:
I've been meaning to do some "work" on the photo gallery. I'll see if I can get a new romp category up soon.

--Mark

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Spot for our Poodles

I had ask Mark a couple weeks ago to add a spot on the photo gallery for our Poodles and I just noticed he did, (which if I know Mark it probably was done 2 weeks ago and I just hadn't looked) :oops: :lol: Anyway everybody get your pictures up of your Poodles so we can all see them.

Thanks Mark for all you do for us. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PhotoGallery Update

Hello Everyone,

I updated the photo gallery software today, so please let me know if you see anything that doesn't work as it should....

I'll be updating the forum software over the next few days, so things might be acting a little flaky for a few days. Please bear with me.

:oops:

Also, are we missing any major categories that we need? Doodle Romps, maybe :?:

--Mark

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Mark, how about a category for Goldendoodles since a lot of Labradoodle breeders are breeding both?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Master Mark, I managed (finally) to put a picture within a post by using photobucket. I thought I could surely now post in the gallery, but guess what?? I am so frustrated. I tried the same thing to copy the img title and paste, but it says it doesn't like my file. Can you or someone help me? Sorry for my lack of literacy (I don't want to ask my kids again :oops: ) Thank you. LeeBeth and Toby the doodle who thinks his momma is ashamed of him.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I tried and it says Page is temporarilly unavailable. I will send a message to Mark to make sure he is aware of it. Thanks :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts