Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're moving to Maryland (from Chicago area) soon, and need to find a new home for our two year-old male Labradoodle. He's about seventy pounds, neutered, has shots, house and crate-trained, knows a few commands. Temperament is very friendly, non-aggressive, fairly calm, obedient, good with our kids. Excellent watchdog with loud bark (doesn't attack, only barks). No papers, we got him from shelter in Texas, but no doubt he's a Labradoodle. He's a very good dog, just too big and loud for where we'll be living. Would need leash training, but learns quickly and is very trainable. He does chew just about anything if he is bored and not provided with chew toys.

E-mail me and I'll send you a photo or two of him, if you're interested. I couldn't quite figure out how to paste the image into this message. We'll be in Chicago nine more days, then we'll take him with us to Maryland if we can't find him a new home here.

[email protected]
[/img]

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Amelia,
I am sorry that your first post here is such a sad one. I hope that you are able to find a good home for this dog. It is so sad when they have to go from place to place...but I am happy that you intend to keep him until you do place him.
Have you contacted Jo or Shannon with IDOG.biz? They can help you, I am certain. They are really great and they help to find only the best homes for these great dogs.
Go to www.idog.biz and look under "rescues" to find out how to contact them.
I wish you all the best in finding a home for your sweet dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for the tip about idog. I'll check them out. It will be sad to see him go, for sure, but I know he can make someone happy. He's a great dog, and I believe we'll be able to find him a good home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the place we'll be staying temporarily has no yard and is filled with antiques, Persian rugs, etc., and the owner says no big dogs. After that, we'll be renting a townhouse, again with little or no yard, and as I said, this guy is quite a watchdog and has a deep, very loud bark. I can't see it working out with the neighbors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts