Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I just registered to this forum to see if anyone can help me help a Labradoodle. I went to our local county animal shelter looking for my lost dog. They have a labrodoodle there. The guy told me that it is a labradoodle and that it has an owner. He would not tell me anything else about the dog's situation. It is a black male and to me he looked to be a year old. Not an old dog at all. I called and asked about him again today. This is our county animal control and it is a kill shelter. He said that the owners have until Friday to get this dog. I am going to go back tomorrow.

I have 3 dogs already. I am willing to get this dog out of this kill shelter if anyone can help me re-home him. I figured this might be the place to look. Please email me or respond here if anyone knows of a Labradoodle rescue. I can drive pretty much anywhere in the midwest.

He is a beautiful boy and I hate to see him put down because his owners simply don't want him anymore. Can ya'll help me help this guy?

Thanks,
renee williams

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

This is great. I will contact Shannon tomorrow after I go to the pound and verify all this stuff. The dog is located at the McLean County Animal Control Shelter in Bloomington, IL. I just talked to my husband and he said that we should be able to keep the dog temporarily. A lot depends on how he gets along with my two male dogs. One of them is mix of Old English Sheepdog and German Shepherd (he is a big shedder) and the other is a greyhound, something else and maybe a bit of another...not really sure. My female dog is a blue heeler/setter mix. All were shelter dogs at one time...now all are couch hoggers.

I will post again tomorrow after I find out more about this dog. He looks so much like your pics. The "warden" told me that he was labradoodle. They have so many pure-bred dogs at the shelter at this particular time. I am going to try to see what I can do. I am just not sure if the guy meant that the family has until Friday or he goes up for adoption or if they have until Friday and they kill him.

More details tomorrow. I am glad to find such helpful people.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lowbrow --Renee, bless your soul for trying to find a home for this labradoodle and taking the time as well as opening your heart and home to foster him (if all goes well with your dogs at home).

I'll say some prayers this guy finds a home quickly :D

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi All
Thanks so much for giving Renee my information. She has sent me an email, and I sent her necessary documents if this guy needs to be pulled. I am really not far so if she cannot foster, I am available as well as another foster in Illinois. Thanks so much again for referring her to me!!
We will not let this guy get put down.

Thanks Renee for caring enough to look for someone to help!!
Shannon

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow Shannon
I just wanted to say how lucky animals are to have you in
there corner..................
I am sure there is a special place in the hearts of all the doggies
in the world to have such a loving person to look out for them......

and to you Lowbrow, I admire you so much for helping out this lovely
Labradoodle

CHEERS TO YOU BOTH

·
Registered
670 Posts
Shannon- I would confider fostering him if all falls through. I only have one doodle and have the room. We go to the dog park every day so he could be well socialized. Let me know if I could be of help.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yay Shannon and Renee!!
Wonderful that you are helping this pup...best wishes on finding a home...please keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doodle gone home

I went to the Animal Control this morning. The beautiful boy had finally been reunited with his owners. You have a wonderful community here. It is amazing that a stranger could ask for help for a dog and get answers from all over the country. Anyway, the gal at Animal Control said that he was very happy to see his people again.

Thank you so much for helping me figure out what and how to do this even though it worked out for the dog. I am sure the owners will be much more careful with this boy from now on. The fees and fines are pretty stiff when Animal Control picks up your dog around here.

Many blessings to all of you and your canine companions
Renee Williams
Carlock, IL

·
Registered
972 Posts
Thanks Renee for keeping us all up to date. I am happy he was reunited with the owner. You went above and beyond to get help for him.

For some reason I rarely get email notifications on any threads.

Thanks for the offer to foster this guy Mike, and thanks for all being there for these sweet doodles. The dogs cannot speak for themsleves, so we have to be there to speak for them.

You are all wonderful!!!! :lol:

G

·
Thanks Renee and Shannon! ou are both wonderful! Renee, I hope you stick around for a while! Your three would love our doodles! I would love to see photos! I especially love greyhounds, blue heelers and sheepdogs! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Renee...it has been a pleasure to meet you and see what good you tried to do and I LOVE happy endings! Having that doodle reunited with his family is awesome but so is the way you and shannon went to help out!

hope you continue to drop in and say hi

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Wow - how great, a happy ending

Renee, how nice of you to be so concerned and take the time, and Shannon also, Mike for offering to foster if needed.

I hope this little boy doesnt get lost again

·
Registered
670 Posts
So glad there was a happy ending! Made me realize I could open my home to a doodle in need! Shannon- I'm going to pvt you. hope it's allright. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts