Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KOZMO- 1 year old male labradoodle in Cincinnati, Ohio

We received this request to help find a new home for this sweet boy:

"I'm sad to say we are trying to re-home our labradoodle. He's 1 year old and stil intact. He's been through Petsmart's basic obedience training with mixed results. He's a very loving dog. The bad news is that he has dominance problems with my three small kids. When I'm home, everything is fine. When I'm out of town on business, the pecking order is up for grabs."

The family have 3 kids, and have another on the way. They got Kozmo a year ago, as a puppy. They've never gotten around to having him neutered - didn't have the time. They did take him to puppy classes, but no formal training since then. He turned out to be a little more lively than they anticipated and has gotten a little rough with the kids. With another baby on the way, they thought it would be better for Kozmo to find a home where he could get a little more attention, and some better training.

Kozmo is now in foster care in Cincinnati, until we find him the right home. His foster mom reports that he seems like a sweetheart:

I do believe he will be a very sweet dog, once neutered. He is affectionate and loves praise. He IS NOT treat motivated. He showed no concern what so ever for the guys coming and going from the office this morning. He greated each one happily and allowed them to pet and touch him without shying away. He loves hugs and kisses from me and doesn't mind when I wrap my arms around him. I can play with his ears, feet and mouth without any concern from him.

He absolutely hates his crate but while inside, will protect the crate from any dog ( but not me) or cat who comes to investigate. He is not aggressive towards the cats.

He has not bothered my mild allergies.

I think once his new owners get him, they should work with him immediately to establish their dominance over him while he gets used to his new home....there should be no problems.

There was one thing that needs to be checked out by a vet - she said one of his back legs looked like it was at a funny angle, and that Kozmo "waddles" a little. I checked with the owner and he says Kozmo's leg has always been a bit funny and that the vet was never concerned about it. He did say that the breeder gave him copies of hip testing on the parent dogs.

If you think you have a good home for Kozmo, please email [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh my gosh, he is so cute! Hope he finds a home soon, wish I could help but I've got a 7 year old boy and sounds like he needs a home without little ones. But what a pretty doodle!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the LD has been wonderful with kids and adults. We are getting updates from the foster mom, and these supposed agression issues do not seem to exist. LOL She fed him, played in his food bowl, and he never flinched. We are thinking that the owner just wanted to get rid of him, and made up some stories. He is great with her 3 doodles, and she has him at work with her now. He has been greeting everyone happily!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accordin to the most recent email; the foster mom says he is just starving for attention! The owners just did not take time to play with him and with 4 kids, they apparently did not have time to do so. She says he is a sweet doodle. Now, we are working on a new home for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts