Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in a doggie botique just looking arround with my friends who all had little dogs. i couldnt buy any outfits for my big guinness so i was looking through the stickers. i found one for a labradoodle and was so excited! It says "my labradoodle is smarter then your honor student" lol. i just had to buy it and showed it to my mom who now has it on her car!!!!! it used to be hard to find labradoodle bumper stickers but now im finding that its easier.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I have ordered one and a t-shirt Team Labradoodle. I love it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have purchased several Labradoodle items off of ebay with good luck. It's always the first place I look if I need anything. I bought a Labradoodle Mom shirt to wear to the dog park. I guess because Dante is dark and not cream no one ever thinks labradoodle. Most think he is a portguese water dog and I've even had people ask me if he is a large cocker spaniel :roll: ! My in-laws strongly dislike my shirt - not being animal people at all they keep informing my that I am not that dog's mother!

Heather

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...sorry your inlaws don't like your shirt.

I got a good laugh - my parents are totally not dog people...however they have referred to our dogs as their "grand dogs" once or twice. I think Dexter is growing on them though...even Kirby a bit...they actually ask "how are the dogs" when they call.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhaa i too got a giggle about the inlaws
my parents who thought we were NUTS to get one doodle let alone 3, fell in love with them all saying they're the smartest dogs they've ever met along with being very loving and comical.

My daugther and I are trying to draw up our own DoodleDog designs for tee shirts :D wish us luck

·
Registered
985 Posts
momoftwo said:
My in-laws strongly dislike my shirt - not being animal people at all they keep informing my that I am not that dog's mother!

Heather
Wouldn't you think that they'd figure out that you got the message the first time?

We refer to ourselves as Mast (master) and Mist (mistress) rather than Mom and Dad, but it's definitely a matter of personal preference. Why should your in-laws care, unless they think that your bonding with your doodle is going to get in the way of your producing non-furry grandkids for them?

We used to have a Great Dane Crossing sign. After we got Chouette I put a Labradoodle Crossing sign on my Amazon wishlist for DH. I found one with a black doodle, and we put it up on the fencepost just before the pond, which is a likely place for a rambunctious pup to be dashing away from onto the driveway. I never thought to look for doodle things on eBay.

Leslie

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought the Labradoodle Mom shirt was a cute way to let folks know what Dante's breed is. The funny thing is that I don't go around calling myself his mom nor is he treated like my young children. While I do feed, bath, take him out, groom him and pick up his poop - Dante is not dressed in clothing, not allowed on the furniture, does not sleep with us, is not allowed in the kitchen while we are eating (he can see us from his bed in the family room though) etc. So my in-laws don't have a problem that we spoil the dog and treat him like a human - they just have a problem with the statement on the shirt. Since I mainly wear it when I am in the company of other dog people I'm not too worried about offending anyone else. (My Dad and his significant other jokingly call Dante their Granddog.)

Heather

·
Registered
448 Posts
For Christmas I got a sign which now hangs in the window next to my front door. It says, "Pawtected by Labradoodle Security." Anyone who knows Nicky just laughs!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
"Pawtected by Labradoodle Security." Anyone who knows Nicky just laughs!
So cute and funny..........In our house Denver would probably lick
an intruder to death ....but the cats may take a swing or two...........

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you go to cafepress.com and type in "labradoodles", you will be amazed at the doodle t-shirts and other stuff you can find! I got my "My labradoodle is smarter than your honor student" bumper sticker from that website.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ooo that cafepress.com does have a lot!! I would love to get a labradoodle t-shirt to wear to the doodle romps, and one for Riley too! I have never bought clothes for him, what size do you guys buy for your labradoodles? I have never found something his size at the store :lol: all the halloween costumes always look so small... what do you guys think??

It doesnt look like any of the sizes on cafepress.com will work for riley :cry:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Lauren, I haven't bought any shirts for Tyke from there yet, but maybe depending on Riley's size, you could buy a kid's shirt for him? Last weekend we were at a St. Patrick's Day event, and I bought a shirt for Tyke - she is 18" and 32 lbs. right now, and a kid's small fit her just fine. Of course, she had to wear it backwards, so you could see the design on it, but she didn't seem to mind!

·
Registered
401 Posts
awww that sounds sooo cute!! is tyke a mini LD? shes adorable. Riley is a LOT bigger, because he's a standard... I wonder if it would still work just getting him a bigger size... well, I'll try some of my family's shirts :lol: on him today to find out which size fits him best :wink: that is such a great idea, thanks!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I sent pictures of Henry to my parents when he was a little puppy. My dad went to Staples to get them enlarged and he said the photos were a real "chick magnet!" My dad is 70 by the way. :lol: They call Henry their grandpuppy and for Christmas I got my dad a baseball hat with a drawing of a dog and it says...."My grandchild is a dog."

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
is tyke a mini LD? shes adorable. Riley is a LOT bigger, because he's a standard... I wonder if it would still work just getting him a bigger size... well, I'll try some of my family's shirts on him today to find out which size fits him best that is such a great idea, thanks!!
Tyke's mom was a small standard doodle (about 22") and her dad was a little smaller than that. Tyke still has a little more growing to do, so she may end up being about the same size as her mom. I think the "defining line" is somewhere around 21" or so....so Tyke is either a big minidoodle, or a small standard doodle!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
quote]Tyke's mom was a small standard doodle (about 22") and her dad was a little smaller than that. Tyke still has a little more growing to do, so she may end up being about the same size as her mom. I think the "defining line" is somewhere around 21" or so....so Tyke is either a big minidoodle, or a small standard doodle!!![/quote]

Oh... ok, cool :) I'm not quite sure how tall Riley is...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts