Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 9 month black labradoodle that is the best dog ever. He is potty trained, extremely good natured, playful with the kids ( I have 3)and and all around incredible dog.

I choose this breed because of my families allergies which are significant. the kids really wanted a dog so this was our only option. unfortunately, even with his low dander he is reeking havoc with everone's allergies (I guess they were more sensitive than I thought).

Jack has had all shots and has been neutered. He is an incredible pup and I dont want to give him to just anyone but if there is a good family out there who wants a great dog (for free) please contact me.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

you can contact me at [email protected]

please help find him a good family who will love him.

jeff

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is he an f1b? My family also has allergies but we havent had any problems with our f1b pup so far?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Jeff, I'm sorry you've had this happen with your doodle. Because of the nature of hybrids, and the nature of allergens, there are countless combinations that can happen, and then affect humans. Keith (another poster) has a doodle who's shedding, yet no dander so Bandit's ok! And there are other such stories, so I'm sorry you aren't having success like that. Plus I'm afraid Doodles have a repuation that not all should really have.

Where are you located? I'm sure you will have NO PROBLEM finding someone to love your Jack.

Most f1b's are allergy friendly, but can I also suggest meeting and speaking with some standard poodle breeders? I've met some who were nasty, but I have worked with some who are great. And standard poodles are ALMOST as great as doodles! :wink: Or, if you wanted to try again, I wonder if you could find a breeder with ADULT (or older) puppies from the same parents as available puppies?

I hope you will keep us posted!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Jeff

I emailed you about your doodle. We have a 7.5mo-old doodle named Cody. We are looking for a buddy for him and I would like to talk to you about your dog. Please respond to my email or to this post if you are interested in talking to me. Thanks! Angela

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jack is beautiful!

Hi everyone,

I got to see some photos of Jack and if Jeff gives the ok I'll post them for him. Jack is just beautiful with the sweetest face and that deep rich shiny black. I'm worried that his hair is too labish for our allergies/asthma but he will be perfect for someone looking for the lab side of a labradoodle. Ask around if anyone you know is looking for a great dog with kids because it sounds like Jack has a terrific temperment. Wish we could take him. :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've just sent an email....I hope to hear a reply soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've gotten a response from Jack's owner.
The only problem is he lives in CA. I'm in waterloo Ontario.
We are still going to try to work something out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok guys I need some help here. I've never had a dog shipped, I dunno who to contact, or how much it would be approx?

·
Registered
128 Posts
call the airlines

I think you would need to contact the airlines and inquire about shipping him. He would be in the cargo area. I know that on uship.com there is a guy who specializes in ground shipping of animals. Ask some of the breeders who have shipped and they can give you a better idea. Good luck!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree ask one of the breeders on this forum through Private Messenging, you ask Jac or Maureen they would be glad to help!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi, the charges for your shipping Jack will be based on the size of the crate needed and/or the weight. Different airlines look at it differently. When we are shipping a puppy I talk to the various airlines about the cost, and route, to minimize the time your dog will have to be en route. For puppies, the cost is almost exactly the same, but I don't know if that is the case for adult (bigger) dogs. And in some parts of the country there might be only one airline you can feasibly use.

I think you can try to help Jeff by doing some of the calling on which airlines could bring Jack to you. I have heard Air Canada is easy to use, altho they have boycotted shipping pets from here (Denver) so I can't use them, and I have to use Northwest to your "neighborhood".

Jeff will have to buy or provide a crate big enough for Jack that the airlines will like. Either of you can get the regulations on that when you speak to someone in the cargo dept. And Jack will have to be certified ok to fly by a vet. (no big deal) If he were coming to my house, I would want to make sure he had paperwork on worming, and maybe a negative Parvo test, but that is a judgement call.

It's cheaper for Jeff to pre-pay at the time of shipment than for you to receive Jack COD on the back end.

are your eyes glazed over yet? :shock:

I was intimidated the first time we shipped a puppy, but it's not that big of a deal and the airlines people will help along the way.

You would pick up Jack at the Cargo Desk or at Customs Dept. depending on how they do things in Ont. for shipments.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Holy Smokes Maureen.

Ok, well I'm waiting for a bit more info from Jeff, and after that I will send a few emails to airlines.
I may need a mentor in this whole process if everything works out! So I will be sending PM's over the next few hours/days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts