Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
peanutbutter once i a blue moon as mine seem to love to play fetch with it instead hahahaa

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't do it often but if I do, I put in small biscuit type treats and carrots. I seal the end with peanut butter and stick in the freezer.

Deb

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There's a few Relatives I'd like to stuff in there :lol: I'm using cheese,hot dog,chicken pieces sealed it with Pnutbutter and freeze.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've done peanut butter mixed with kibble and frozen it. Sadie loved that! She also loves yogurt mixed with just about anything and partially frozen...I've mixed yogurt with a little chicken boullion, right now there's one in the freezer with yogurt and pumpkin in it. I love how they keep her busy :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I've done a few:

1) Wet food, fill the kong, freeze
2) Shove a treat biscuit in (and let them work it out)
3) Smear peanut butter in it
4) Mix plain yogurt, carrot pieces, some food and stuff the kong - freeze

I only do the last one for Kirby and give it in his crate since it may make a mess when it thaws out :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
I often jam a Goodlife bone in Chouette's Kong. She can't get the whole thing out but it keeps her busy. I also have a couple of ancient empty marrow bones, and I stuff them with string cheese and push small Mother Hubbard biscuits in there, too. She's almost looking forward to her crate these days. When we come home they're both as empty as she can get them!

Leslie

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Canidae kibble with yogurt.
I freeze it over night and give to him when we leave for
work..................he loves it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Weeelll... I guess I just don't understand these Kong things. We got one for our Lab when he was young and he just ignored it. I don't remember where it eventually went... maybe given away at a garage sale.

G

·
Yogurt with tuna, then freeze. This recipe won Bella a huge gift basket from Kong last year. And she loves it! You can put some shredded carrot in there, too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Peanut butter and kibble gets Noodle every time. She sees the Kong and goes CRAZY! She loves it and will spend hours and hours unstuffing it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great ideas everyone! I heard about the Kong stuffing and decided to give it a try because Angel is not a chewer and I wanted her to have something fun to do. She, too, totally ignored it until I stuffed it. She goes crazy with it when it has goodies in it! I even bought her the Senior Kong...yes, Senior for light chewers to make sure she would spend time with it. My last dog was a power chewer so this is all new to me!

Wow...Linda! That's amazing...Lucky, Lucky Bella!

Lucky Me...I did check out the website!

·
Registered
659 Posts
So you folks stuff this rubber toy with various greasy goops and it doesn't get all over your floors?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Noodle is very clean about the whole thing actually. I don't ever have any messes on my floors after she's done with it.

Not sure how some of the other things work ... but the peanut butter isn't messy at all.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver's kong has frozen yogurt and it never gets a chance to
melt as he licks it clean. I use to give peanut butter and he never made a
mess but he has decided he does not like peanut butter for now.........

G

·
I stuff Maya's with a Ziggie (made by Kong for the Kong). She never did lick the whole thing clean when she was a puppy. Maybe I should try again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts