Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good allergy food. Riley has been biting his feet and tail and scratching his ears a lot lately so we are going to try some allergy food. If you know of any good allergy foods it would be great.

·
Registered
269 Posts
We just put Sammy on Dick VanPattens Natural Balance Duck and Potato because of allergy issues. They also make a Fish and Sweet Potato. These fodos only have two ingredients made from protein sources that your dog most likely had not been exposed to and thus is less likely to be allergic (as I understand it). Its a great food, gets EXCELLENT scores on the grading scale: A+ http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/vi ... .php?t=642

They make treats and canned dog food with the same ingredients too, so you ONLY feed your dog these two ingredients (we use the canned to freeze in her kong for when we crate her for any length of time- we used to use yogurt for this, but now the canend works GREAT!) and you can buy it at Petco which is nice, it is a bit more expensive though. But we feel like an extra $10 a bag is worth it for Sam to feel better!

Sammy LOVES it. She used to take a long time eating, this is gone in less than two minutes! LOL I know many people who feed this and their dogs DONT have allergies... they say the difference in their coats shine etc is incredible.

It usually takes several weeks to see any improvement as far as the allergies go, so dont expect to see a change overnight. We are hoping that by mid-June we will see an improvement.

There are other allergy foods as well... just thought I would share the one we chose for our Sammydoodle!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I saw your post on the board that was made I think about a month ago and I put that first on my list, but we were looking for some other choices in case that wasnt there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Lauren, Toby is eating EaglePack (holistic) lamb and rice. I had read all of the great reviews and started him on that because of his stomach problems. Unfortunately, we haven't seen any improvement at all with the itching....in fact, his leg is worse and his coat still lacks luster. He's been eating it for almost 3 months. Bottom line, it hasn't been the answer for us and we are back in the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts