Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you by any chance have a klutzy doodle?

The other day when walking Louie we ran into a neighbor who, when told he was a labradoodle, said, "Oh, they're kind of spazzy dogs, aren't they?" Well, I don't really know, but ever since she said that, I HAVE noticed a few klutzy manoeuvers. Like when he tried a flying jump up onto the slate stoop and ended up smacking his jaw (oww!).

I figured Louie's klutziness was because he was still a puppy, figuring out those gangly limbs of his. So...do doodles have "spazzy" tendencies?

Maybe she just meant, delightful exuberance????

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't know if this counts at klutziness. Ozzie has become aware of his leaping ability (his "special purpose") and he knows the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. So rather than walk around something (chair, person relaxing on couch or reclining chair), he leaps or runs over it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
shaia is totally still a floppy puppy when she is chasing other dogs at the park - her legs will get to going too fast and she does a face-plant :lol: she's getting better and faster though. but our next door neighbor has a poodle and the poor thing is always running into walls and the sides of buildings when he's busy looking the other direction.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...I will assume some of it is a floppy puppy thing, at least for now!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been wondering a similar thing, is it puppyness or is my dog just a unco spaz? Scout get so excited sometimes in the house that she runs around as fast as she can on a wooden floor, suddenly changes direction and goes sliding into a wall! Or she'll be chasing the cat, leap in the air, try and change direction mid-air and forget about the landing properly bit.

I find it endearing!

·
Registered
273 Posts
How funny - Dante will also leap over other dogs at the dog park rather than go around them or put on the brakes if they suddenly stop. He is the only one I've noticed doing this and it gets quite a few comments. It's not just little dogs - he will leap over labs too.

Heather

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max and Beau were both a bit klutzy until they were about 8mos old.
NOW they're really agile, light on their feet.
Definitely a PUPPYHOOD stage. :wink:

Peanut is built like a polar bear and our Tank-a-doodle
she just pushed her way through or climbed over things like her pen.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon was klutzy when she was younger. I'm amazed now at how limber and agile she is now.

Our old Cocker used to run into walls, just plain old walk right into them. Hubby used to call him "knot head" cause he was always running into something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts