Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone....my cat had kittens today (4 so far) and right now she is safe under my daughters bed...but Im keeping Leno locked in my room for a while. She hates Leno and Im not sure how she would react with him getting in there. Im not so sure what I should do. Should I bring him in and let him sniff the kittens? I dont think he would hurt the kittens on purpose but he is so big and playful he could probably hurt them on accident. I've never had kittens and a dog at the same time so im not sure how I should introduce them....any advice would be great!!! :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
No...keep Leno away...the cat will be very protective of her babies and Leno could be hurt...and the cat needs to feel secure in her safety.
I'd wait for at least 4 weeks before even considering the possibility. Then, I'd put Leno on a leash and hold him in the doorway a few times to see how the cat reacts...then gradually let him in closer...always deferring to the cat.
We do this with our dogs...even though they are very close and loving to each other, when they have babies the dynamics change. I wouldn't tempt fate.
But congratulations on your new babies!!! Enjoy all of that sweetness...I am very happy for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts