Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plan to take Kirby to the dog park for the first time tomorrow. How funny is it that I'm a bit nervous? I hope he doesn't have a bad experience! Most of the dogs at this park are well behaved - there is very rarely a bad issue. I still worry that he'll be overwhelmed or scared. We'll try to go a bit early in the evening as it is less crowded then.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LESLIE..........good luck!!!and hahhaaa hope he doesn't stand on his hind legs again :wink:

and on a serious note, i sure hope Kirby has fun as you and i both know he wasn't socialized much

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Leslie,

I picture tonight's scenerio at the dog park to go like this:

(1) You and Jerry enter the park, each with a darling doodle in tow.
(2) A crowd quickly forms as EVERYONE (people) there wants to see them to oooh and aaaah.
(3) After maybe a brief moment of hesitation, the serious butt sniffing begins (the dogs, not the people :oops: ).
(4) Dexter takes off for a major Doodle 500, with Kirby close at his heels.
(5) All of a sudden you are scanning the horizon searching for the two of them as they frolic with their furry friends.
(6) The water bucket spills, muddying the ground and Kirby and/or Dexter and/or BOTH :shock: decide a little roll in the mud is just the way to start the weekend!
(7) You and Jerry exit the park (after taking tons of pictures) with two tired, dirty and happy darling doodles.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Best of luck - we're all rooting for you and Kirby!!!

ETA: I just had a thought....I know you already know this, but my Inner Yenta is going to reinforce: try not to let any trepidation on your part filter down to Kirby. He'll sense it, so remember, a trip to the dog park is the most naaaaatural thing in the world, right Kirby-big-guy????

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mary - i can definitely deal with number 6 not happening :)

and yes I will go into the park with no feelings of apprehension. He's very playful so I'm sure it'll be fine. I can see him being the dog who plays for a few minutes and then comes to hang out with us. Dex on the other hand barely knows we're there until he's so tired he wants to leave :)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Talk to your puppies before you get there
tell them what fun they will have and what kind of
behaviour you are expecting from them.
For those of you who are laughing try it first!
You will have an awesome time with positive attitudes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am just waiting for PICS (please) :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kirby had a GREAT time at the dog park :) We have to download the photos so I'll post them later. What luck - we get there and there were 3 other doodles :) Kirby had no problem - played with everyone just like a pro. The funny part came when a tiny tiny dog came into the large dog area and Kirby was totally interested in him. The little dog kept barking at Kirby...haha.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
Kirby had a GREAT time at the dog park :) We have to download the photos so I'll post them later. What luck - we get there and there were 3 other doodles :) Kirby had no problem - played with everyone just like a pro. The funny part came when a tiny tiny dog came into the large dog area and Kirby was totally interested in him. The little dog kept barking at Kirby...haha.
Did kirby eat him? :wink: hahhaaa

and OKAY no comments as i once had little dogs years ago :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
THANKS!! wow you got some great action shots...the one before the last is sooooooooooo good!!

Looks like Kirby had a blast and played well :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow, they all look like they were having a blast. Great pictures! Kirby looks totally overjoyed.

I took Cali to the dog park today too, but didn't have the camera with me. There were four labs there and she outran them all with her long doodle legs. Boy, was she pooped when we got home. I've heard a lot of sighs today. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts