Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden (since Dexter's tennis ball incident), Kirby is starting to be a bit of a brat. He has started to refuse to go out back to go potty unless one of us goes out with him. This just started since Saturday. This morning I literally picked him up, put him outside and shut the door. He just ran from one door to another. He somehoe managed to open the back door into our house and I find him standing next to me (tail wagging). Any advice? We do not make of habbit of sticking them outside themselves to entertain themselves, but he has always just gone to do his business on his own.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I wish Cacao would do her business on her own. But make sure one door is locked and stay close to the other and just wait and see. I guess I am not much help. I need help to get Cacao to do that with out us.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
OMG I cracked up when I read Kirby was standing next to you wagging his tail, can see that :lol:

He is probably out of sorts because of what is going on with Dexter, he may be feeling a little anxious with Dexter coming and going and you guys being visably upset, Doggies do sense all of that and is probably wanting some reassuring - it's hard to tell what goes on in their minds.

You may need to go out with him for a bit to reassure him that it is ok. I've not had the problem so not sure how to help

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would think leaving them outside for a bit is just fine. My suggestion is to do the reassuring like advised in the above reply if you can, but at the same time don't feel bad to leave your doodle outside for a bit. I am sure if you just keep your routine as normal as possible this will work itself out.

:D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG I cracked up when I read Kirby was standing next to you wagging his tail, can see that

He is probably out of sorts because of what is going on with Dexter, he may be feeling a little anxious with Dexter coming and going and you guys being visably upset, Doggies do sense all of that and is probably wanting some reassuring - it's hard to tell what goes on in their minds.

You may need to go out with him for a bit to reassure him that it is ok. I've not had the problem so not sure how to help
I guess that could be. Kirby also had his "great escape" incident from our yard on Friday. It's just odd because he's always just run out back himself and didn't care if we came out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts