Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LESLIE........hope all goes well and you aren't a nervous wreck. I'll call you to find out how Kirby does as my computer is in the shop. Dave was nice enough to let me use his for a few minutes since he leaves for Buffalo tomorrow.

max sailed thru his like a breeze and was sore once home so he was terrific for 3 days taking it easy and never needed a cone

hugs to ((((((((((all of you)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Good luck to you Kirby!!!! It will be over before you can say 'Doodle', and you'll be home again...we'll be thinking of you! :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Thanks for the good wishes. We dropped him off this morning. I didn't have too much time to be sad about leaving him because we were putting that energy into trying to control him as there were 3 other dogs in the office and Kirby was jumping and barking like crazy.

We talked to the receptionist and she felt Kirby's matts and said she didn't think it was necessary to shave him (the only option there was to shave him totally bald). However she said she would have the vet tech shave just his butt because his matts there are bad. Now we'll have 2 baboon butt doodles (although Dex's has grown in a lot).

I will call this afternoon to check on him.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hang in there Kirby! I'll be thinking of you today!!

MUAAAAAAH! Kisses to your little wet nose :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am sure everything will be fine. Take it easy tonight and suck up all the attention.BUUT please don't chew your stiches, that causes everyone to freak, and they keep looking and looking at "YOUR" area. I mean they already took something that you are used to having and replaced it with itchy stitches, what are these humans thinking. See ya ---Tucker

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Dear Kirby ...

How come all the FoodPeople say "Snip Snip" around you boy dogs! It doesn't sound like you are getting a haircut!

FoodLady said you get to nap today and then will have an owie for a while but will playing with your buddy, Dexter soon.

So I will think good doggie thoughts for you today, and am sending all my woofs and licks too!

Your friend,
Ebbe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good luck today Kirby...you'll feel better in no time! We're sending happy thoughts to you today!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner here....it will be over soon and you will get some special attention and treats...happens to the best of us :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey Kirby, Boyd here. You won't even know they're gone. And everybody else is right, you will get spoiled - milk it while you can!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
So Kirby is home and seems fine. Unfortunately due to an undescended testicle, the incision is larger than usual and they had to put in 3 external stitches in addition to the internal ones so we purchased an e-colar in case we need it.

Now starts the fun. I took Dex to the dog park after work. Now we're home and Kirby is crying in the crate and Dexter is crying up here because he can hear him. We are going to try to keep them separated for a few days but it may be a futile effort.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Kirby man... you really should take my lead... Did you see all the posts my mom made about me? I milked it for all it was worth and got all kinds of new treats AND new toys.

Rest up dood.

Sandy

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
ok separating them lasted for 2 minutes. The crying was out of control. Now I have Kirby on a leash and am keeping a very close eye on Dexter. But at least they stopped crying...haha

Kristin - so is Sandy all better? I never saw a conclusion to his saga.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Thanks for asking Leslie - I kind of half updated in a few spots but things were kind of hectic so I don't remember where I left off - Sandy is fine, except for having to be restitched. The super itchiness was due to a rash that we cleared up with some cream, and the attitude problem was just that... likely caused by a really embarassing cone! He was holding back pooping quite possibly for the same reason. All in all, I'd say he was simply being a brat.... milking it for all its worth!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kristen.........glad to hear Sandy is doing much better.

and Leslie ...how's it going?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts