Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG Kirby gave us quite a scare. I took Dex out to the pool first and he did some diving after his toy. Then Jerry came out with Kirby. Now Kirby won't even go into the baby pool and is somewhat afraid of the hose so we're thinking we have nothing to worry about. About 1 min after coming to the pool area Kirby kinda dove in, but his legs stayed on the deck...so his head is under water and his back half is out. Luckily I was in the pool so I grabbed him and pulled him up. He didn't seem to think anything happened. I held him and carried him around the pool and no barking or crying.

He swam a little bit, but seemed very disoriented (especially on the raft) so we just took them back out. Sorry no photos (I prob would have dropped my camera in the pool when I saw Kirby go under.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
So you carried Kirby while you were in the pool? A video would be priceless of you adventure :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah after I pulled him from underwater, I carried him around. Then Jerry took him and put him on a raft where he looked very unsteady (he kept trying to stand up).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WHEW.......is KIRBY lucky you were there and WOW he took to water easily!!! that is great!!!

take pics next time :wink: and the RAFT thing? hahahha good luck!!! hahahhaaaaaaa peanut is the only dog i've ever seen do this and move around on it not falling off. Max is like kirby...tries to stand up :roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yes ... I selfishly would have loved to seen pictures.... but COMPLETELY understand that was no time to be handling a camera ...

But then again ... let's address that idea of a "Jerry Cam"! :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was totally shocked that he just jumped in. :shock: This from a dog who will only go in the kiddie pool if we lift him in :!:

Once in the pool he seemed fine. I tried to let him swim a bit but he panicked much like Dex did when we first started out in the pool. I swear Kirby was walking on the bottom of the pool and just flailing his paws. We'll have to get him a lifevest to help him learn. Luckily they can't get near the pool without us present.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jerry and Leslie.......just thought i'd let you know a friend of mine who is getting a goldendoodle saw PICS of KIRBY and kept going "WOW" and thought his tail was awesome . Next she did the "ahhhhhhh" when they saw Dexter on my leather chair :wink:

and WOW KIRBY seems to be really settling in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts