Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We made it home. It was an amazingly easy 6 hr drive with 2 doodles who just met each other :)

Annmarie and her family couldn't have been nicer to us. Jerry, Dex and I had such a great time meeting them and getting to know everyone (doodles included).

They are getting along so well since we've been home. There has been 1 minor growling match but it was nothing significant. They keep following each other all over the house.

My husband still has to download his 1000 photos, but here are a few of mine - videos will follow later or tomorrow :)

First tug of war...

This is the best photo I got of Max :)

Bubble time

Dexter loved Annmarie's squeaky chicken

Best group shot - Dex has crazy eyes though

Now some of the trip home. Kirby got upset and barked at Dex a few times, but Dexter took it well and it never lasted too long. Most of the time, Kirby used Dexter as a pillow

Are you overloaded enough?? I will add more later.

·
Registered
57 Posts
awww, they look like they are going to get along just fine. Congratulations! I hope your house survives there first encounter! :D :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG LESLIE those photos are great!!

and hahahhahaaa KIRBY hogged the backseat, poor Dexter :cry:

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!! KEEP EM COMING!!

PS ( I posted a video of Leslie alone with Kirby onthe other post KIRBY&DEXTER meet ...it's sooooo sweet)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
What a wonderful family you make.....it is great that we all get to share in this......keep the pics coming :) :) :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Be careful what you wish for... :lol:

Welcome

to the

Future site of Doodstock 2008

Entertainment includes:

A sneak preview of Crouching Tiger Hidden Doodle

and a remake of The Chase staring Dexter and Kirby

If you get hungry, don't worry, the vendors have you covered. Up for grabs:

Devil dogs :twisted:

Peanut(s)

and Roast Pulled Wubba

So, kick back, relax, and make yourself at home

Grab a cold beverage

enjoy the show and remember, a doodle in motion, stays in motion

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the funniest thing to watch. Kirby is totally a toy thief and Dexter is totally confused. Whatever toy Dexter takes, Kirby will come and take away from him and Dexter just doesn't know what to do. They're all settled back down now. I never would have thought Dex would become the submissive one in all of this!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wow!! All the pictures are just wonderful!!
Can't believe how cute the ones in the car are!! Kirby is right at home with his head on Dexter's rump. They seem to have become fast friends.

Annmarie, don't you miss Kirby now?? Fostering would be soooo hard for me to do! I would want to keep them all! So glad you could do this and that Leslie got him.

Yes, keep the photos coming....I love to see them all!!
8)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Thank you so much......1 for the pictures, 2 for giveng Kirby his new forever (loving) home and 3, for finally getting poor deprived Dexter that sibling you've benn promising forever! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
seazr said:
What a great story!! I just LOVE happy endings!
True dat.

There will never, EVER be picture overload of those two darlings. NEVER. The more I see, the more I smile. And in the words of Martha Stewart, that's a GOOD THING.

Take a deep breath after your long round-trip. The fun is JUST BEGINNING!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow I'm so surprised at how well everything is so far. They play, then sleep, then play, then sleep. They have both laid down and napped 2x already this morning.

We have to give Kirby a bath today. He's really matted pretty badly and we are afraid we will have to shave him :cry: I don't want to cut all this beautiful hair off so we're going to give Best Shot a try later today. I would love to get him cut him like Dex (1/2 inch) but would be so sad to totally shave him!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LESLIE i want morrrrrrrrrrrrre picsssssss pleeeeeeeeeeeease hahhahahaa
I am not anywhere NEAR OVERLOAD yet hahhahahahaa

I LOVE Happy endings too!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D which this forum provided,
Leslie and Jerry thanks again for opening your heart to Kirby and letting him be a part of your family. it is soooooooo nice Dexter and Kirby are getting along so well :D
I cannot put into words how my heart feels but it has been touched deeply.

To anyone wondering if i am SAD:--- NOT anymore!!! how can i be sad when I see two loving people and two loving doodles having the time of their life!!!! :D :D :D :D
People like Leslie and Jerry make Fostering worthwhile!!

I have tears of happiness not sadness right now. This is probaby one of the BEST fostering placements i have ever had happen.
God works in mysterious ways and things do happen for a reason. KIRBY has an awesome forever loving family now.

PS Max and peanut last night i think we confused and were looking for Kirby and Dexter hahhahahaaaa

dont' forget MORE PICS :wink:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a big smile on my face and a tear in my eye. Thanks so much for sharing a wonderful story. I loved the pics, please keep them coming!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts