Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help! i came home today to a couple of piles of poop in our hallway where maggie is kenneled when i'm gone. yesterday she had some poop stuck to her behind, and i tried to get it off but figured maybe the next time she pooped (which I thought was this morning) it would come off. in the meantime i kept her on tile and not on carpeting!

well, now she has tons of poop stuck on her, and it is not firm either. i don't know how to get it all off and i may have to take her to the groomer (except it is 4:30 on a friday). i have no way to give her a bath, and i took warm water in a squirt bottle outside and tried to get it off of her. there is just too much on her. it is so nasty.

i dont' know if something is wrong with her with the looser stools. i know she ate up a chew toy the other day and i saw some bits of it in her stool yesterday morning, but she has been acting fine, so I don't think it warrants a trip to the vet. it seems when I do take her there, i don't get out of there for under $100. it is so frustrating.

any ideas on how I can clean Maggie off so she can be part of the family and be in with us? I don't want to keep her kenneled up but I am not going to let her smear poop all over the house.

help!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Just curious...why can't you give her a bath? You can try some baby wipes or a wet rag. For the runs, try a little pepto tablet, some yogurt or a little pumpkin. Miko had the poops 2 days ago from eating the insole of my shoe. Part of it came out from both ends!

G

·
Do you have a sprayer in your sink? I know it seems gross, but you can bleach everything afterwards.
And if you don't have a tub, you can just put her in the shower.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't give her a bath because she is 90 pounds of dog. i used to be able to fit her into the oversized laundry room sink, but the only bathtub I could hope to get her into is downstairs in my children's bathroom and i just dont' think i want her dripping poop all over my carpeting to get down there.

i just talked to a groomer and she is going to go in tomorrow morning for a bath and probably a shave. her fur is matted because the doggy day care/boarding place we had her at a few weeks ago while we were on vacation bathed her and did not brush her out. she is pretty badly matted and that is another reason I can't give her a bath. it will make the matting much worse and it is already pretty bad.

i've been using a squirt bottle not a spray bottle so it is somewhat powerful (we do have a power washer but brrrr that water is cold!) and i've been wiping her down with many, many washcloths that are promptly going in the garbage, but i just can't get it all. it is a real mess.

yes, we are in colorado and it is snowing out but it isn't too cold. i just feel bad because she is going to be gated into the laundry room all night and that will be so sad. no way can i let her be on the beige carpeting!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
That beige carpet could be a problem! Getting the old hinney shave will help! Understand completely with 90# of Maggie. Love to see a picture....not of the poo....how about the other end? :wink:

G

·
Wow, 90 pounds won't fit in the kitchen sink! Maybe you could just get her back end into the laundry room tub?
I won't worry about keeping her in the laundry room, she will be fine!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if I could figure out how to post a pic, I would! and i would never make you see "that" end of her. it is not pretty! she is whining and barking right now in the laundry room and hallway that she is gated in.

i'm feeding her chicken, rice and pumpkin (told the kids that was what they were eating for dinner too :? )

the groomer will do a great job tomorrow; Maggie looks so different after being groomed. maybe I should post a before and after pic??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay i found out how you put pics in your reply: here goes:

this is Maggie last summer BEFORE the shave

This is Maggie looking all skinny after her shave

This is Maggie at 5 weeks old while still with her breeder. ain't she CUTE???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks blueteal!! you are fast! i am glad to finally figure out how to post pics of Maggie. i know i have more cute ones but I have to go make dinner now. (not that i have much appetite after this afternoon! :wink: )

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
yes, both methods worked for the pics.....OHHHH maggie is such a pretty thing! Take one after the groomers tomorrow and send it on!!

sorry your are having to deal with the goopy poo....I do put Coco in the shower and spray her with the hand held shower head....it is a great help.... she is only 29 pounds, but I think if it is cold out, I will continue to stuff her in there....even if we do get the whole bathroom wet in the process.....I am assuming her poop is getting back to the normal tootsie rolls again now!!

I didn't know pumpkin helped with goopy poo!! :roll:
Good to know!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Thanks to this forum I'll never look at tootsie rolls the same way again.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Glad we could help you with that.
Keep reading old posts and you will find many items
that you will never look at in the same way.
baahahahaahahahahaaa!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just realized today that Maggie and Dante are half-siblings - they have the same mom!
I hope Dante grows up someday to be as beautiful as Maggie! (Just not quite as big!)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dante is SO cute! he looks like maggie did when she was little! her mom is Becca and if you read her testimony on the website, then we did have the same breeder!

how old is Dante and when did you get him? such a cute dog! do you think he'll also grow to be HUGE like Maggie? i didn't know she would get so big but that is okay. she is so mellow (usually).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts