Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this remark - Stacy, I think on another post and I had to tell this one on Toby. He is a brave and mighty warrior. Last night my husband had two bales of hay outside the fence to give to the horses today. Toby and I were playing ball in the yard and he glanced over and saw the hay. What a big and powerful bark he has when he is running backward :lol: He was doing that doodle pounce thing backward just as fast as he could go. You guessed it.....the hay bales did not have the nerve to chase him home :wink:

·
Registered
689 Posts
We call Chester 'Chester the Protector' I can't tell you how many leaves and shadows he's scared away from our door. I know he's just doing his job keeping the neighborhood safe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For Cinnamon, it's those scary plastic shopping bags. We have neighbors who are kind of trashy (we live in the "boonies", so I guess they don't care) and when one of those things escapes, it's a dangerous thing! She won't go near them (and I'm quick to get them picked up. I'm glad she's afraid of them and doesn't try to chew on them!).

G

·
IRS gets her toughest bark going at the other Doodle she sees in the TV barking back at her. We thought she would stop as she got older but no. Every time she sees her reflexion, she goes into protection mode.

By the way, I'm new to this site and love it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My little Buddy is scared of my 5 year old daughter's Amazing Amanda doll. Especially when she's in sleep mode. She does look a little life-like, LOL.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome Kamelio, nice to have you here.

These are so funny, you guys! My mother had a dog who was afraid of paper products! If you fed him on a paper plate, he barked at it! Tooo cute!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Something else Cinnamon is good at "protecting" us from - puddles. When it rains, we get puddles in the drive way. She will sit all morning and bark at the puddles when the sun reflects on them. I guess she knows they weren't there yesterday, therefore they aren't supposed to be there now! I remember that now cause it rained yesterday and you guessed it... :roll:

·
Registered
689 Posts
These are cracking me up. I can picture each occurance.
Chester felt the need to protect us from our own car. It was parked in the driveway and is usually in the garage. He kept barking at it as if a stranger had pulled up. Since he wasn't in the mood to be reasoned with, I pulled the car into the garage.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toby is VERRRRY angry now. Our neighbors got two miniature horses. He hates for them to eat grass. He stands way up on our driveway and fusses at them (you know the bark, AOOF.....) and they pay him absolutely no attention. We had the leaf blower out in the yard Saturday. It was just lying there, not even on......doodle alert on high. He made mad pouncing circles around it. Atleast ten runs. :lol: I am very well protected.

Lisa, Buddy is an angel

·
Registered
689 Posts
Whew, good thing Chester was with us last evening. We might have been attacked by the neighbor kid's vicious half melted snowman. But we had Chester there to growl and bark and warn that snowman off.
Chester the protector to the rescue!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts