Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep toying weather to tell you all about my day. I don't know if it is a big deal or not yet. But...My older son had a doctors appointment today. It was to see why his legs have been hurting so much. He sometimes can't get up in the morning because his legs hurt so bad. Well at 1st we thought he is seven he is growing. My husband and I remember the pain of growing. So we have TYNL and it seemed to help...well as i found out it hadn't. As my son tells the doctor how his legs feel and how long he has had the pain. I started to feel like the worlds worse mom. I am all about my kids. And this was hard for me to hear him say how hard it is to run. And so on. So we had X-rays done today and we will know more next tuesday when we go in to see the doctor again. But I am not feeling like myself. I am taking it so personal. I know I am not the one with the leg pain but I feel so bad that my baby is in pain. the doctor thinks in could be Knock-knee or arthritis in his knees. So for now we are waiting till Tuesday.

Thanks for letting me vent my life on all of you. I really just needed to type it all out I think.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:( I'm sorry to hear that - it is so sad when children are in pain. I will pray that it's just a strain or growing pains.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh you sound like a great Mom and sometimes
things just happen.......Denver and I send you healthy wishes
for your son...............

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hope everything is alright...
That is very tough to see him in pain.

We're thinking of your family and praying here!
~Alicia & Sammy

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Samantha, I pray that you will get good news on Tuesday about your son. I know that not having a definite answer can be agonizing. One thing I've learned over the years with children is that we DO OUR BEST for our children. We hurt when our children hurt and we feel joy when our children feel joy. Never doubt that you are a good mother, your children know know you are.

G

·
Awww, you are the best Mom in the world!!!
Please have him checked for Lyme disease, especially if they diagnose arthritis.
Prayers for you and your 7y/o ....I LOVE this age!!!
And in case anyone wonders whether their child's (or their own) pain is severe enough for a doctor visit....Among other measurements use this one: If it wakes them up at night, then definitely yes! Or if it keeps you from doing an activity you really want to do.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, I know that two of my boys had severe growing pains in their legs...
they did hurt when they ran and when really they did anything at all.
It would come and go.... be bothersome for a couple of weeks, then get some better ~then start hurting again.

Don't be hard on yourself....my boys didn't always let me know they were hurting...and still don't...( 19, 22, 38!! ) I am glad you have consulted the doctor and given his age....I bet he is just growing alot.
....let us know though...try not to worry....and see if you can get him to open up and talk to you about how he is feeling off and on throughout the day....or evening. Mine hate to be questioned about stuff, but I ask anyway.
:?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Samantha,
If it was easy to be a parent, there would not be all of these over-paid experts writing books and doing talk circuits.
You are a mom...a caring, loving mom...you are not super-human. You can't know what is going on with pain like this...don't be hard on yourself.
I will be praying that your news is good and that your son will be well again soon.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
((((((Sam)))) we tend not only to worry when our kids don't feel well but we tend to hurt along with them.

Hope all goes well and keep us posted regarding next tuesday. In meantime i hope your son gets some relief and maybe he can snuggle with Beau in the meantime

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all. I think it just worries me. And in a week we will know more. Thanks for all your kind words and thought and prayers. I will let you know what I hear.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It would be great if we could read our kids' minds. We don't always know what goes on in there at times. You can only know what they tell you. If he doesn't tell you the Tylenol didn't work, how can you know?

My son once had a ear infection that he didn't tell me his ear hurt and we went for a regular check up and the Doc was upset that he had one. When I asked why he didn't say anything, he told me the classic "I don't know". Kids!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
cocoandjane said:
Well, I know that two of my boys had severe growing pains in their legs...
they did hurt when they ran and when really they did anything at all.
It would come and go.... be bothersome for a couple of weeks, then get some better ~then start hurting again.

Don't be hard on yourself....my boys didn't always let me know they were hurting...and still don't...( 19, 22, 38!! ) I am glad you have consulted the doctor and given his age....I bet he is just growing alot.
....let us know though...try not to worry....and see if you can get him to open up and talk to you about how he is feeling off and on throughout the day....or evening. Mine hate to be questioned about stuff, but I ask anyway.
:?
I can remember when my brother was younder (he's 27 now) we would complain of growing pains, very severe... they would actually wake him in the night...

Hope this is all it is for your boy too! Don't feel bad, you sound like a great mom!!!

Happy thoughts going your way...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE....We found of from the X-ray that his left leg looks to be longer then the right. So we are to see a Orthopedic doctor. Our appointment is for Monday. Our family doctor can't do anything for him so seeing a orthopedic doctor will. So I will let you all know what happens monday.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My little brother has back pains and we found out that he needed a lift in his shoe because one leg was shorter...

At leats you are getting to an answer, hang in there!
We're thinking of you and praying for your family!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
having a partial answer and someone to go see to discuss things further must be a tad bit of relief

keep us posted

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh Samantha! You are far from the world's worst mom! When your child hurts it hurts you just as much! You did nothing wrong here but it's so easy for a mom to try to put the blame on herself. I am a major one for doing that.
Prayers for you and your son that everything goes well. I can only imagine the pain and grief you're going through. Tuesday must seem like a year away for you.
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

1 - 20 of 26 Posts