Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our beloved Lab recently lost his battle with old age and we thought we would wait a while before getting another dog. But... we saw an ad for a Labradoodle puppy and we went and looked at him and immediately fell in love with him. As it turns out the ad was from a pet store, and while I normally don't buy pups from pet stores, we could not resist this time. The paperwork lists a Rick Peck of Mountainburg, Arkansas as the breeder. Does anyone know of this breeder and have some contact information for him?

Here's Ozzie:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have owned many dogs, including 4 Huskies, a greyhound mix, a Great Dane and a Lab, but this seems to be the smartest pup I've ever experienced!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm sorry on the loss of your lab....

Congratulations on your new puppy!! We'll want to see pictures ASAP, you know :)

I did a quick google search with a bunch of keyword combinations and come up with zilch on the breeder. This could mean lots of things. How old is your pup? What other kind of papers did you get with him?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ellabee said:
How old is your pup? What other kind of papers did you get with him?
He's 4 months old. I have never bought a dog from a pet store before, but this time I took a chance. I'm not a first time dog owner and I have successfully raised and trained many dogs, including a pack of Siberian Huskies. So far he seems like a healthy sound dog and the vet this store is associated with is our own neighborhood vet.

The only paperwork I got besides the store's standard disclosures and warrantees was a list of the pup's vaccinations to date and the name (but no contact info) of the breeder.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Can you ask the pet store for some of THEIR paperwork on the pup? Like where THEY got him from, etc...maybe you can trace back that way. Be a little persistent. It would be helpful to know.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Chas, if you would like to post pictures of your pup we could probably make a fairly accurate guess as to his generation and coat type.
Besides, we want to help you celebrate his new life with you!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jac said:
Chas, if you would like to post pictures of your pup we could probably make a fairly accurate guess as to his generation and coat type.
I'll have pictures posted shortly. He's a photogenic little guy.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Chas - welcome to you and your Doodle. Look forward to pictures

I agree, I would be persistant with the pet store and see if you can get breeders name and number

If not - maybe the vet has it in their paperwork?

Good luck with your little guy !

·
Registered
333 Posts
Pics please!!! Before I was even considering a doodle, my mom and I visited a pet store and saw the cutese doodle but had no clue what he was. Had I had the money at the time, I would have scooped him up. Best of luck to you and the new one and so sorry for your loss. My Chase is 9 and I try not to think about the difficulties that we may face in the near future.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I couldn't wait either. My Springer had to be put down just 3 weeks ago yesterday..........I got my dood 6 days later. I couldn't accept the loneliness. These little guys will warm your heart and help fill the void.
I'm sorry about your loss.......I know the hurt.
Good luck with the new little one! Enjoy! We are...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well... I posted a couple pics. (He refused to pose for me).

And... I found the breeder and he gave us a lot of good info. The parents of this pup are a black male standard poodle and a yellow female lab. Evidently the litter was "brokered" and little Ozzie found himself in New Mexico. And we couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I can honestly say....he would have been hard to resist. When I got Jonah, his breeder raised dogs to sell at her sons petshop. I didn't know and didn't do the research before getting him. I researched the breed, but only dealt with the breeder by online and e-mail. I was a little surprised when the address she gave me was a Petstore. She also had a grooming salon there also. I did end up with the sweetest goofball though and do not regret it at all!!

First day in his forever home at 4mo

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie...you are absolutely ADORABLE. I can totally see why you were so irresistible!!

I'm so glad you were able to find out his 'roots'...and so glad he found his way to you! He's wonderful; congratulations............. :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club Chas. You and your pup will have a great time here!! Ozzie sure was a looker and we look forward to seeing your Doodle!! Good luck and have fun.

G

·
Wow, Ozzie just has that 'look' in his eyes that makes you melt! I can see why he would be so irresistible. It's that look where you feel like he can see right into your soul, wow! My sister has a Lab puppy who has this same look and he is just an incredible dog. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Ozzie is so cute...that is why I can never go near petstores that sell puppies...I would have taken Ozzie home too :p :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts