·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross post:
Jacque
Latest update, CA AB 1634 as of July 3
Fri Jul 6, 2007 17:41

So, they corrected the language and they DO allow us to sell our one litter.
But they have made it very, very clear that we only get one litter.
All of the "qualifications" listed are smoke screen issues to "hide the ball" because people read that and say, "That makes sense, most good breeders can now breed..."
But they are not READING this thing correctly. What this says is that if you jump through one of those hoops, you will be entitled to an "intact permit" which (clearly stated in the law now) allows the holder of the permit to have ONE intact male and ONE intact female PER RESIDENCE and they can produce ONE litter. After that litter is born they MUST spay and neuter the parents.
Yep, you heard it right.

Here is a great web link: www.wethepeopleusa.us

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Off the top of my head.....

Questions from a noob:

How would they follow when a breeder has a litter? Do breeders have to 'register' a litter? Who oversees it?

What if you have dogs in guardian homes? Is it ONE LITTER per DOG? Can you wiggle around it by sending bitch #1 to her guardian home after she has a litter, and then bringing bitch #2 to your home to have another litter? ..and then bitch #3 and so on?

What if you used a breeding male from another kennel? - if you don't physically have the breeding male at your residence? Isn't that a common practice, that you pay a stud fee to use someone else's male?

I'm sure more questions will pop into my head.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Vanessa! Wow...that makes me feel very nice! Thanks!!

Lynn, I wish it would work that way...but the reality is that the administration will be a nightmare, and a huge expense. Still, people who dont' want to break the law, has to comly or fear getting caught, sited, fined $500 PER DOG and forced spay/neuter on the animal...then have it taken away.

You would take a chance with guardian homes because of licensing, registration, etc. If you got a less-than-honest guardian, they could take your entire litter and what could you do about it?

And, they REQUIRE that the one male and one female allowed MUST live in the same residence.

Believe me, they know what they are doing.

It is PETA behind this...and they are very radical. They are also very sneaky.

The vote was set for the 11th of July, a huge rally was planned by the opposition and suddenly, without notice, the shell game starts again...and the hearing is moved FORWARD to the 9th! Now, keep in mind that the 9th is a Monday, following a holiday weekend. No one will ask for one more day off of work that soon...so the rally will be small, if held at all...and many of those charged to vote will probably be gone...but you can bet that they have lined up their "pocket" people.

This whole thing is absolutely amazing to me. I guess that I trusted our government too much...I am completely shocked that this is allowed to be so manipulated by PETA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts