Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Jonah, looks like Daddy needs to get a couple of truckloads of topsoil in for the backyard so you can have some nice grass to play and poop in :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Poor ole' Jonah! That doesn't look like an appealing start to spring does it??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh Johna you poor guy, Of course the boys fenced in back yard looks like yours. Personally I don't think any amount of top soil will do the trick (and your is x3). Last year I even got turf and it may survive, not sure yet. As for now I have to hook them up to a cable and let them go 1 at a time, so my neighbors are tired of hearing me yell, "Go Poopsie Poop". If Frankie gets to go first he stands about 5 feet from the porch and looks at me as if to say. "You want something Mom, What about you Tucker you have to poop or what?" Johna keep lookin there is bound to be a spot somewhere that is just right.

·
Registered
659 Posts
As much as I say I miss living back east, pictures like this always give me a much needed reality check! I hope Ozzie never has to experience muddy conditions like that!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
holy crap Gene - that's one big mess! We had a monsoon here yesterday and our yard is flooded...but nothing like that!!! Is the front any better? You could take him on a leash?

·
Registered
46 Posts
We live in Michigan and Henry is having a simmilar problem. His problem is that he is 4 months old and there has always been snow in the backyard to poop on. Now that most of our snow is gone, he doesn't know where to go. :lol: Unfortunately, he has been choosing the dining room! LOL

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Too bad Gene. More grass!! Or take a walk!!

All our is melting slowly but surely. Lots of spots are under water from it all. And tonight we get a couple more inches of snow with total accumulation of any where from 3-6 inches between tonight and tomorrow!!! 6"??? :eek: :eek: It's March 20th for crying out loud. :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh well. C'est la vie!! Good luck in the muck Gene!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Jonah
Spring is coming..............so sorry for all the muck my man
I happen to love muck and if I was there I would give ya a piggyback

Woof woof

Denver

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I can empathize gene..............looks like that here!! Find some HIGH GROUND for jonah!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse for ALL of you to come to sunny S.C. for a DOODLE ROMP IN THE SWAMP!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Poor Jonah...Chase said that you can visit "the ranch" and, even though it can get muddy, you can always find a good poop place! C'mon over to the left coast! :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Jac said:
Poor Jonah...Chase said that you can visit "the ranch" and, even though it can get muddy, you can always find a good poop place! C'mon over to the left coast! :D
Yup!! Fun in the sun and no muck here!! Plus we have romps and water and docks and, well, just loads of fun stuff to do!!!! Check us out, Jonah!!!

Dakota

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seazr said:
Jac said:
Yup!! Fun in the sun and no muck here!! Plus we have romps and water and docks and, well, just loads of fun stuff to do!!!! Check us out, Jonah!!!

Dakota
Just no Caribou Coffee shops. Hey Jac....need a ranch hand? :wink:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Jonah, my crew can SO relate!

We've been adding fresh woodchips all winter to give them some footing and help keep things dryer... now that it's been melting there's layers and layers of woodchips, ice, and doggie doo popping up all over outside! We try to keep it picked up on a regular basis, but when they're outside and it's snowing there are always piles that we don't see till the snow melts again. We're going to have to take a day with the rake and wheelbarrow, plug our noses and "Git R Done!"

What's really frustrating is that tonight it's supposed to rain, then freeze, and dump up to 10" of new snow on us! We were finally seeing the grass and now it's going to disappear again. :cry: It wouldn't be so bad if we only went through this one each spring, but we just about get through it and it snows some more! Scary thing is it can do this a couple more times after this yet too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Murphy and Trooper have NO problem with the yard being a big wet mud pit :lol: It was pouring down rain the other day and there they are running though the rain tacking each other. My kitchen and laundry room are so filthy! I felt bad for Murphy the other day dripping wet so I toweled him off and he ran back out into the rain! I have mud splatters all over the walls and the floors are GROSS! We are going to put some grass seed down in the next couple weeks and I hope it takes. We just have way to much dirt :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yikes! Maybe a sump pump? My sister's back yard turns into a lake too, and they put in a pump.

If it freezes again you'll have a skating rink!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
TexasDoodle said:
Murphy and Trooper have NO problem with the yard being a big wet mud pit :lol: It was pouring down rain the other day and there they are running though the rain tacking each other. My kitchen and laundry room are so filthy! I felt bad for Murphy the other day dripping wet so I toweled him off and he ran back out into the rain! I have mud splatters all over the walls and the floors are GROSS! We are going to put some grass seed down in the next couple weeks and I hope it takes. We just have way to much dirt :(
Teehee
Hubby told me the next house we buy has to have a mudd room
Long gone are the days when we talked about how the house had
to have what we humans wanted, now it is must have a mud room
bigger enough yard and more room to add more perches for the cats
walk in shower for Denver and somewhere down the list I would like
a bigger closet bahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 31 Posts